R9 290X and GT 10 Kraken

Hello, I've been getting a little sick of how hot my room has been getting due to my PC, typically my GPU runs at around 85-90 Degrees Celcius, and it just makes my room so hot, and I normally leave it on overnight meaning I have a headache by the time I wake up the next morning.

I'm considering watercooling my R9 290X But I don't want to have to make a full loop using stuff from EK and things like that, I want a cheap but good solution. THEN SUDDENLY BAM, I hear about the GT 10 Kraken, my plan is to use a Corsair H55 with it however this isn't my concern. My concern is the VRAM, on the GT 10 Kraken there is a fan that is over the VRAM but I was wondering if this actually keeps it cool under high loads? If not what can I do to keep it cool.

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

SOMETIMES LOSING THE BATTLE, MEANS YOU CAN WIN THE WAR

Get air conditioner, if your room get's hot from a computer your room is the one that needs better cooling.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Get air conditioner, if your room get's hot from a computer your room is the one that needs better cooling.

1) I already do. 2) I have a small as room with a small as window so it isn't easy to push air out of the room without annoying my mother. Plus I want to do a white/black themed build and this would suit it well.

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

1) I already do. 2) I have a small as room with a small as window so it isn't easy to push air out of the room without annoying my mother. Plus I want to do a white/black themed build and this would suit it well.

Getting watercooling for aesthetics is fine,

but it won't lower the amount of heat in your room.

Switch your pc off when you sleep.

As for the G10 ( GT 10 or G10 ? ) the G10 needs VRM cooling,

I have a new kit left over if you want it.

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.

Getting watercooling for aesthetics is fine,

but it won't lower the amount of heat in your room.

Switch your pc off when you sleep.

As for the G10 ( GT 10 or G10 ? ) the G10 needs VRM cooling,

I have a new kit left over if you want it.

It is mainly for Aesthetics It also gives a slight performance increase, and I know it wont lower my room temperature by a lot (It should do a little bit) but it also allows me to funnel air out of the back of my case or the top instead of having it floating in the case.

And for the G10 you're on about this right?

https://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/138-kraken-g10-gpu-bracket.html

It is mainly for Aesthetics It also gives a slight performance increase, and I know it wont lower my room temperature by a lot (It should do a little bit) but it also allows me to funnel air out of the back of my case or the top instead of having it floating in the case.

And for the G10 you're on about this right?

https://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/138-kraken-g10-gpu-bracket.html

Yes that is the G10.

But it won't help at all in terms of heat ( except gpu leak ), and having it funneled out the rear of the case won't help room temps either.

http://www.gelidsolutions.com/products/index.php?lid=1&cid=13&id=108

Hello, I've been getting a little sick of how hot my room has been getting due to my PC, typically my GPU runs at around 85-90 Degrees Celcius, and it just makes my room so hot, and I normally leave it on overnight meaning I have a headache by the time I wake up the next morning.

I'm considering watercooling my R9 290X But I don't want to have to make a full loop using stuff from EK and things like that, I want a cheap but good solution. THEN SUDDENLY BAM, I hear about the GT 10 Kraken, my plan is to use a Corsair H55 with it however this isn't my concern. My concern is the VRAM, on the GT 10 Kraken there is a fan that is over the VRAM but I was wondering if this actually keeps it cool under high loads? If not what can I do to keep it cool.

not an issue. go ahead man. and overclock all the way :)

Vrams are fine, VRM are still within temps even at high OCs. 

Tho have a look at the corsair HG10 if you have a refrence-style 290x. if not go for the nzxt g10.

What version of 290x do you have?

not an issue. go ahead man. and overclock all the way :)

Vrams are fine, VRM are still within temps even at high OCs. 

Tho have a look at the corsair HG10 if you have a refrence-style 290x. if not go for the nzxt g10.

The G10 needs vrm cooling, unless you want your vrm's throttling and running very hot.

Yes that is the G10.

But it won't help at all in terms of heat ( except gpu leak ), and having it funneled out the rear of the case won't help room temps either.

http://www.gelidsolutions.com/products/index.php?lid=1&cid=13&id=108

How much do you want for it?

The G10 needs vrm cooling, unless you want your vrm's throttling and running very hot.

it doesnt throttle bro. I personally have used both the g10 and hg10 on a gigabyte 290x.

i find that the g10 performs bit better, but both are competent. and the hg10 is a must if you are limited to a dual slot hight.

How bad is ur AC??? It should be able to keep a room cool so just turn the AC down and make it a little chillier! Otherwise that is a useless AC unit!

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

How bad is ur AC??? It should be able to keep a room cool so just turn the AC down and make it a little chillier! Otherwise that is a useless AC unit!

If its a refrence 290x, no room cooling will help. But its funny that his room is that hot, cus idle gpu isnt hot at all.

OP folds at night? xD

it doesnt throttle bro. I personally have used both the g10 and hg10 on a gigabyte 290x.

i find that the g10 performs bit better, but both are competent. and the hg10 is a must if you are limited to a dual slot hight.

Would it be a good idea to just get a VRM heatsink anyway? They don't cost much

If its a refrence 290x, no room cooling will help. 

Of which it is a reference 290X

The G10 is a must, for 10£ you can really increase performance and not have the vrm's cooking ( I owned a R9 290 with G10 + vrm cooling )

yes

no need really. the hg10 for example has a mnetal plate contacting the VRM and Vrams. Since you already have the stock fan (the hg10 reuses the stock fan to cool the vrm/vrams. I would say go ahead with the corsair hg10-a1.

The G10 is a must, for 10£ you can really increase performance and not have the vrm's cooking ( I owned a R9 290 with G10 + vrm cooling )

yes

How much do you want for your spare G10 and do you have skype?

http://www.newegg.com/global/uk/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835426042

Maybe find it somewhere else, but they are very cheap

no need really. the hg10 for example has a mnetal plate contacting the VRM and Vrams. Since you already have the stock fan. I would say go ahead with the

corsair hg10-a1. its smaller and has better vram/vrm cooling.

The HG10 is fine, the normal G10 needs VRM cooling

The HG10 is fine, the normal G10 needs VRM cooling

I will order the R9 290X VRM Heatsink, G10 and H55 then ;P 

If you have a stock R9 290x, then you can order the HG10 and avoid all the problems

I want to use the G10 because it will fit perfectly with my future planned colour scheme

just remember to mix the thermal adhesive with 1:1 part of normal thermal paste so that you can remove the heatsinks later on without too much trouble.

If you have a stock R9 290x, then you can order the HG10 and avoid all the problems

I'm happy to get the heatsink and G10 just to make it fit my build.