New monitor, or additional monitor?

semithotamatic
Go to solution Solved by o0Martin,

So I wanna change my monitor setup, the monitor I have is this > http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005BZNDOO?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s04

I plan on making a monitor stand like thing to put on my desk that I would keep my laptop under, and charge devices on. I plan on wall mounting whatever monitors I end with above my creation. The monitor I have is pretty small (21.5 inches). What I'm wondering is whether I should buy a whole new monitor (1440p maybe), or a matching monitor for the one I have. Of course, going with the second idea is a lot cheaper. (My monitors have to match or it would annoy me) Would it be worth it to buy a 27 inch better monitor, or just buy another matching one.

It really comes down to your use case, would you actually use the 2nd monitor in a multi monitor set up? Do you need it? If not then I would advise the 27" (1440p if you have the money) 

For me I always found 27" to be the perfect size for a monitor (height wise) and if you go for 1440p you'll be able to fit more content into the screen from a productivity standpoint as well (If that was a reason you wanted duel monitor) You could also just keep your old one too, although ik you said them not being the same would annoy you.

You could get a 27" for not too much more than buying the same monitor you have again (Although you'd be looking at 1080p not 1440p) I would go for this one maybe

LG 27MP33HQ: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824025041&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker,%20LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

It's 27", and IPS for only $190

Or you can get a non IPS for about $20-30 less (at 27")

So I wanna change my monitor setup, the monitor I have is this > http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005BZNDOO?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s04

I plan on making a monitor stand like thing to put on my desk that I would keep my laptop under, and charge devices on. I plan on wall mounting whatever monitors I end with above my creation. The monitor I have is pretty small (21.5 inches). What I'm wondering is whether I should buy a whole new monitor (1440p maybe), or a matching monitor for the one I have. Of course, going with the second idea is a lot cheaper. (My monitors have to match or it would annoy me) Would it be worth it to buy a 27 inch better monitor, or just buy another matching one.

It really comes down to your use case, would you actually use the 2nd monitor in a multi monitor set up? Do you need it? If not then I would advise the 27" (1440p if you have the money) 

For me I always found 27" to be the perfect size for a monitor (height wise) and if you go for 1440p you'll be able to fit more content into the screen from a productivity standpoint as well (If that was a reason you wanted duel monitor) You could also just keep your old one too, although ik you said them not being the same would annoy you.

You could get a 27" for not too much more than buying the same monitor you have again (Although you'd be looking at 1080p not 1440p) I would go for this one maybe

LG 27MP33HQ: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824025041&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker,%20LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

Thanks for the info! I'm gonna take some time to decide.

Thanks for the info! I'm gonna take some time to decide.

Okay :) Good luck

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

single large monitor is always wayyyyyy better than multiple.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb