I think I have a serious pcpartspicker addiction, I just spent two hours making this list. I have no money to build this machine, I don't really have the time to be contemplating $8000 computers when I need to be finishing school and finding a new job, but I can't stop.

I call this monstrosity "White Guilt"

CPU: Intel Core i7-5960X 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor  ($999.99 @ NCIX US) 
Motherboard: Asus X99-E WS SSI CEB LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($476.02 @ Mwave) 
Storage: Intel 750 Series 1.2TB PCI-E Solid State Drive  ($1049.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Hitachi Deskstar NAS 5TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($229.99 @ Micro Center) 
Storage: Hitachi Deskstar NAS 5TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($229.99 @ Micro Center) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro OEM (64-bit)  ($131.65 @ OutletPC) 
Monitor: Asus PA279Q 27.0" Monitor  ($754.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Monitor: Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q 144Hz 27.0" Monitor  ($738.17 @ Amazon) 
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($154.99 @ Amazon) 
Other: NZXT H630 ($149.99)
Other: PrimoFlex Advanced LRT Flexible Tubing – 3/8in.ID x 5/8in.OD – Retail (10ft pack) ($24.95)
Other: EK-DBAY RES SPIN - Plexi (Original CSQ) ($66.99)
Other: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti Hydro Copper ($799.99)
Other: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti Hydro Copper ($799.99)
Other: H630 Windowed Panel ($29.99)
Other: EK-Supremacy EVO X99 - Nickel ($67.99)
Other: EK-RES X3 400 ($69.99)
Other: EK-ACF Fitting 10/16mm - Black Nickel (20) ($170.56)
Other: EK-XTOP D5 PWM - Plexi (incl. pump) ($124.99)
Other: EK-CoolStream XE 360 (Triple) (2) ($198.98)
Other: Mayhems Pastel Coolant Concentrate - 250mL - Ice White ($21.95)
Other: LED 5mm TWIN ULTRA UV ($43.43)
Other: EK-Vardar F4-120ER (2200rpm) ($146.32)
Other: mod/smart Single 12in. Premium CCFL Replacement Tube – UV (2) ($10.98)
Total: $11518.14
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-07-14 14:09 EDT-0400

...help me, I have a problem.

All that money spent on parts and EK gear and you picked the H630 as the case...?

All that and a 5820K. You could have at least done a 5960X, not to mention the $4000 Xeon E5-2699 V3.

Not this thread again...

Atleast you actually put compatible (I hope haven't checked) watercooling and slightly smart parts

edit: WTF 5820K? facepalm..

And apparently the RAM is free even though that's one of the most expensive parts of the build...

Don't like the random K70 RGB and the H630

Shoulda gone with a crazy WASD or CODE keyboard, and a caselabs case or a high end silverstone case

Dual monitors? should have 3 RoG swifts and the pg monitor, no compromise at this price point

Wait where's the GPU??

??????????????????????????????????????????? under "other" even though you can reclassify as GPU in PCP -.-

so many things wrong my brain hurts

all I can say about this build and thread

7280eedf85ea5d674c22c5959d6e86cb.gif

Lol. This reminds me of other online diseases that start with P :3

Intel i5 4690k | NZXT Kraken x61 | MSI z97 Gaming 5 | MSI GTX 970 EVGA Supernova G2 750 G-Skill Ripjaws 16GB 2133mhz [2x8] | Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB HDD Samsung 850 EVO Series 250GB SSD NZXT H440 [black and Red]

Saving for a Dream rig :)

This is a horrible build.

$8,000 build, and not even a 5960X, two non matching monitors, cheap mouse and a shit case.

Like wtf.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

All the 5820K complaints are completely valid, I started this build off another list (for a computer I'm actually planning to make,) I forgot to swap it out though in my rush to post.

As for the H630, I just like the aesthetic, I know it's completely out of place, but I really like the design.

The monitors are for different things, not meant to be used together at once. One for gaming one for color correction and multimedia, I'm not aware of a g-sync monitor with a 1ms response time that hits 99% of the Adobe RGB gamut.

Not this thread again...

Atleast you actually put compatible (I hope haven't checked) watercooling and slightly smart parts

edit: WTF 5820K? facepalm..

And apparently the RAM is free even though that's one of the most expensive parts of the build...

Don't like the random K70 RGB and the H630

Shoulda gone with a crazy WASD or CODE keyboard, and a caselabs case or a high end silverstone case

Dual monitors? should have 3 RoG swifts and the pg monitor, no compromise at this price point

Wait where's the GPU??

??????????????????????????????????????????? under "other" even though you can reclassify as GPU in PCP -.-

so many things wrong my brain hurts

all I can say about this build and thread

7280eedf85ea5d674c22c5959d6e86cb.gif

All valid points, but I wasn't trying to showcase the perfect dream build, the entire point was I wasted my time. Blame PCP for the Klevv pricing.

The videocards were placed in the proper category, PCP just throws them down in other if they can't link to their own site. 

I'd like to defend the H630 and K70 under the entirely rational arguments that I just like them, yeah they're completely out of place, but whatever I can't decide what I want when the price point climbs high enough in those categories. I like the dual wheel on the MX master and the whole switching bluetooth profiles thing.

Forgetting to swap out the 5820K is pretty egregious though I have to admit, started from another build and didn't even think to change it once I got into the EK parts.

All valid points, but I wasn't trying to showcase the perfect dream build, the entire point was I wasted my time. Blame PCP for the Klevv pricing.

The videocards were placed in the proper category, PCP just throws them down in other if they can't link to their own site. 

I'd like to defend the H630 and K70 under the entirely rational arguments that I just like them, yeah they're completely out of place, but whatever I can't decide what I want when the price point climbs high enough in those categories. I like the dual wheel on the MX master and the whole switching bluetooth profiles thing.

Forgetting to swap out the 5820K is pretty egregious though I have to admit, started from another build and didn't even think to change it once I got into the EK parts.

haha sorry for being a bit harsh, thanks for your kind response.

It's just soooo many people make threads with these $10k builds that choose stupid parts that, even at the price point, don't make sense.

I totally understand any personal preferences, when it comes to a case and a keyboard I can understand that.

haha sorry for being a bit harsh, thanks for your kind response.

It's just soooo many people make threads with these $10k builds that choose stupid parts that, even at the price point, don't make sense.

I totally understand any personal preferences, when it comes to a case and a keyboard I can understand that.

Yeah I definitely hear that, I mean I totally acknowledge this build makes no sense. Pretty sure I can't fit four HDDs in there with a tube-res, don't really know if the UV LEDs would even shine through the bay-res, even though that would be a really cool effect.

The EVGA cards are the closest thing to a practical decision on here, applying a waterblock to a videocard seems like something I'd screw up and not realize until way too late.

I did take care to match tubing size to compression fittings and all that.

Thanks for your response, I appreciate it.