Wall Mounted Headphone Mounts - Weight Distribution

Sinros

As soon as I've entered the MMF page for the competition I have noticed a disturbing recurring issue with many of the designs.

Many people didn't add any weight supporting parts in the design, this will cause weak walls or weak materials to break after repeated use...

(Unless you're a gentle person that loves to gently put his/hers 200g~ headphones slowly on the mount)

If we look at the standing mount Linus always shows, we can see that the pole that goes up is not placed on the center of the platform, it is placed around the mid-outer ring.

The reason is so it wouldn't fall over when you place the headphones. However many of the wall mounted designs didn't even use this basic principle to lessen the burden.

Just because you glue it or screw it in, doesn't mean you can neglect weight distribution to help prolong the lifetime of the product...

What do you guys think about this issue? 

I think if your walls can't hold 200g headphones you probably dont want to be living there in case the roof falls on your head

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I think if your walls can't hold 200g headphones you probably dont want to be living there in case the roof falls on your head

Take a hammer, and gently hit a metal over and over again, maybe after 100 hits it will still be "fine", but when you reach the 1000th time, it will be unlikely that it doesn't have a dent in it.

Frankly it depends heavily on the anchors used to mount the device to the drywall If the item has a single point of contact on the wall, ether use a large bolt or 2 smaller bolts that should never occupy the same square inch. Washers can also be used to spread the weight out. Drywall is actually very reliable to hang a 50 lb TV on with out even mounting to a stud. You can easily hang a 50 lb TV on 4 3/8 bolts using anchors that can support the weight. anchors will tell you on the box; what drill bit they need to be able to be imbedded in the wall, what size screw or bolt you need and most importantly how much weight a single one can hold.

Here is where I would keep my frolics if I had any.

Take a hammer, and gently hit a metal over and over again, maybe after 100 hits it will still be "fine", but when you reach the 1000th time, it will be unlikely that it doesn't have a dent in it.

why the heck would you use a hammer to install a headphone stand on a wall...

you dont use nails for that

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

why the heck would you use a hammer to install a headphone stand on a wall...

you dont use nails for that

Man, I'm talking about integrity of material, not hammering a nail to install a wall mount...

Good thing I just put my headphones on the desk, my 300g DT880s would probably bring the building down around my ears otherwise.