What is the best CHEAP gaming gpu?

PicoMaster

Just because I am curious for many reasons, what in your opinion is the best cheap gaming graphics card?

To define "cheap" under $200 graphics card?

EVGA GTX 960 SSC, 199.99$ on Amazon

i7 6700k - 32GB DDR4-2133 - GTX 980

GTX 960 or a GTX 750TI they are both decent, if you can afford the 960 then go for it, but if not the 750ti is good enough for medium 1080p gaming :).

would say that a gtx 960 is good but if you could go up to 210$-230$ range then there are really great cards like the r9 280x premium cards that will do some insane overclocking.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

would say that a gtx 960 is good but if you could go up to 210$-230$ range then there are really great cards like the r9 280x premium cards that will do some insane overclocking.

this 100% if you can scrap up a few more bucks it will be well worth your money to do so

To me cheap is a r7 260, value gaming card is the r9 270 and a more high end, is r9 280x. While to me because im poor the gtx 960 is expensive. And the refrance r9 290x is just a element heater.

R5 5600   Asus ROG Strix RTX2060   B550  Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR4   Kingston A2000 1TB M.2    Kingston UV400 SSD   NZXT H510 Flow

Just because I am curious for many reasons, what in your opinion is the best cheap gaming graphics card?

To define "cheap" under $200 graphics card?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202137&cm_re=r9_280x-_-14-202-137-_-Product

This is one of the cards I have used in the past and it buried my GTX 960 Strix, so if you can get more bucks you will be more than satisfied.

Used 7970's can be found for a bit over 100$

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

i'm going to say 750Ti, because you can basicly plug it into any power supply without an issue.

If you go by his question, it would have to be a used card because you can get the better card for the money used. Anything like a used GTX 670/770 around $200 or yea if you can find the 7970 for around the same price.

Newegg have the GTX 770 it is a refurb however for the same price as the R9 280x and only slightly more than the GTX 960 yes it's a last gen NVidia card but it will have the best bang for your buck over both the other cards the GTX 770 will play almost everything on max at 1080p - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133596&cm_re=gtx_770-_-14-133-596-_-Product

Reason I know this will max most games is because I have a PNY GTX 760 in my media pc and play most games at max at 1080p at around 40fps+ for the more demanding games like Farcry 4 60fps+ on GTA V and well over 100fps on games like CS Go  

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

Save=Better GPU, Save for 970 or 390 So you are able to play dem new games 

Edited by Pyroshank

Save=Better GPU, Save for 970 or 390 So you are able to play den new games 

You are 100% wrong.

390 > 970

390 cheaper

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

Awesome! Thanks for all of the feedback mates. I wasn't expecting this many comments, I like the R9 380 cheap and a new gpu!

I will leave this thread unsolved for now but maybe in the future it will close!

I would save for a better GPU, It'd be better if you saved for a 970 or a 380/390 or another high end GPU

If you can find an R9 280X for less than 200$ thenit's the best "cheap" card, if not the R9 380 is the best, followed by the R9 270 or 270X (if the 270 is more than 10 dollars cheaper get it) then the R7 265 or 260X if you can find it for cheap. If you're open to getting used, the R9 7970 and GTX 680 are still good and perform better than anything that's not an R9 280X or higher.

R9 270X can be had very cheap now.

We just bought a load at under £100.00 each for the gaming students at our college. Good cards for the money.

750Ti is quite the little beast, I used to recommend them a lot for customers on budgets.

AMD is rather good for recommendations, I got someone to get a 2GB 270x and they love it.

If your super lucky like me, you can get R9 290s for just over £200, what the conversion is to shop prices at your location maybe different.

What does an Transformer get? Life insurance or car insurance? - Russell Howard - Standup (Made me giggle a bit)

750Ti is quite the little beast, I used to recommend them a lot for customers on budgets.

AMD is rather good for recommendations, I got someone to get a 2GB 270x and they love it.

If your super lucky like me, you can get R9 290s for just over £200, what the conversion is to shop prices at your location maybe different.

Im using the 270x in my budget pc build to replace my core 2 duo desktop next year

R5 5600   Asus ROG Strix RTX2060   B550  Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR4   Kingston A2000 1TB M.2    Kingston UV400 SSD   NZXT H510 Flow

Im using the 270x in my budget pc build to replace my core 2 duo desktop next year

There good little cards, but these days its kind of standard for me to recommend 4GB RAM version, a lot of my customers do not know how to setup a game for the correct memory they have and just put everything to ultra.

What does an Transformer get? Life insurance or car insurance? - Russell Howard - Standup (Made me giggle a bit)

There good little cards, but these days its kind of standard for me to recommend 4GB RAM version, a lot of my customers do not know how to setup a game for the correct memory they have and just put everything to ultra.

Im doing 1080p and its a good choice since im used to a hd 5670