Difficult decision...GPU backplate

1Scotty1

Hey, folks

for the past few days I have been thinking and thinking - which GPU backplate should I slap on my 980Ti, because I don't like the PCB sticking out in my glorious build (lel) :D

These are the options, what do you suggest? :) Thanks

EVGA 980Ti backplate - 26,90€ - http://eu.evga.com/products/moreInfo.asp?pn=100-BP-4995-B9

EKWB TitanX Nickel - 37,95€ - https://shop.ekwb.com/ek-fc-titan-x-backplate-nickel

EKWB TitanX Black - 29,95€ - https://shop.ekwb.com/ek-fc-titan-x-backplate-black

And this is my precious:

kfq1fUp.jpg

The EVGA plate since both of the EK backplates require waterblocks.

Please note:

- The backplate does not serve as a standalone unit and is compatible  with reference GeForce GTX  Titan X waterblock!

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Damn that reference card sticks out like a sore thumb. But yea it seems like only the Evga backplate would work. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Wow. 25-30 Euros for backplates? So glad I buy at US prices  :huh:

Intel i7-9700k | Noctua NH-U12A | MSI MEG Z390 ACE | 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming | Corsair RM750x | Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB M.2 / 860 Evo 1TB / 2x Intel 730 480 GB | Phanteks P600S | ASUS ROG Swift 278Q

The EVGA plate since both of the EK backplates require waterblocks.

They don't, if you use different screws ;) Off-topic - hot sauce drinking happened yet? :D

Damn that reference card sticks out like a sore thumb. But yea it seems like only the Evga backplate would work. 

Will mod the LED, so it wont stick out ;)

Yea off with the green  :D

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

They don't, if you use different screws ;) Off-topic - hot sauce drinking happened yet? :D

Paint the silver part white, and mod the logo to white, and it will look crazy awesome :)

I even considered buying a reference card despite the noise just to do that...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Paint the silver part white, and mod the logo to white, and it will look crazy awesome :)

That is exactly what I want to do ;)

I think the white one would look awesome with a nice shroud and LED mod.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

That is exactly what I want to do ;)

Or you could cover it with electric tape! :P

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

Or you could cover it with electric tape! :P

You funny, I kill you last :D

@TheSLSAMG

@Pohernori

Check here - http://www.overclock.net/t/1393791/official-nvidia-gtx-780-owners-club/7570#post_20629017

It is a 780, but yeah, it is doable without a waterblock ;) That babble on EKWB site is just a marketing gimmick

Well damn it. Should've snag the 7970/280x Backplate off EK when they were clearing it  :mellow:

How will u mod the green light since its rubber now and not just painted?

How will u mod the green light since its rubber now and not just painted?

I asked many people with a 980Ti, none claim it is rubber... so I will see, when I take it apart ;)

Off topic, but where did you get those wire combs? I really need some.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Off topic, but where did you get those wire combs? I really need some.

Those on the 24pin and 8+6pins? They are custom made onto the cables by @modguru, he made the extensions, but you can get them sold separately and they just snap on the cables, just google "cable combs" and a company E22 makes them dirt cheap for any cables you please and in various colors :)

Those on the 24pin and 8+6pins? They are custom made onto the cables by @modguru, he made the extensions, but you can get them sold separately and they just snap on the cables, just google "cable combs" and a company E22 makes them dirt cheap for any cables you please and in various colors :)

Cool, thanks.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Wow. 25-30 Euros for backplates? So glad I buy at US prices  :huh:

Yeah, US prices are without VAT I believe ;)

those sensei combs do they click on the cables trough a opening or do you put those on the cables when u sleeve them?

You willl need to put them on when you are sleeving them, we have a diffrent kind that you can click on here: https://modguru.net/product/guru-combs/

Contact us for a quotation or a chat [Modguru shop] [Facebook] Creating the highest quality products ever