Access is denied to delete file...?

Go to solution Solved by MrBucket101,

use this http://filehippo.com/download_unlocker/

right click on the folder, and "Unlock it"

you'll be able to delete it afterwards, or if it fails, you can set it to delete on next boot. Then just reboot

Hey guys. Yesterday, I tried to download some free video editing software for some tech reviews on YouTube, and I got those annoying ads and malware on my computer. My Norton just ran out, because I got 2 months free with my Z97 motherboard. I go into my SSD, try to delete the malware out of "Program Files (x86)". I got most of it off, but some of it says it's "in use". Well, it's not. It's just making it hard to delete. So I ran the Command Prompt WITH administrator access, and it won't even let me force delete it. It says "Access is denied." Well, I'm stumped. I can't figure out how to get this off.

I sure hope a dumb little piece of fake software can't get through the smartest computer forum on the internet. So guys, please try to help me. Is there any way to overwrite it's stupid "access denial" and force-delete this file? Thanks, -Jordan

OH, and the malware's called "WebProtectorPlus" if that helps.

Black and green build, I call it "Murphy". - CPU: Intel i5 4690k at 3.5 GHz - GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti - Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X SOC Force - RAM: 8GB 1866 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro (gold) - PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 B2 - Storage: 240GB Corsair Force LE SSD & 1TB Western Digital Black HDD - Case: Corsair Carbide 300r - Lighting: 2 green Logisys LED sticks (currently removed)

You can use unetbootin utility to download the latest dr. web live cd, boot from it and safely remove this nasty stuff.

Nest time just use Adblock :P

My Build: Phoenix

Processor: Intel i7 4770k, Motherboard: Asus Z97-P RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB GPU: MSI GTX 1050TI OC Case: Corsair ICUE 4000X, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB + 500GB + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooling: Corsair H100i Capellix, 

If you want to talk to me or give me an answer, please tag me otherwise you'll be talking to thin air ❤️

I would probably get a malware removal kit. There is your answer.

amnerd  B) Linux enthusiast. 

• CPU: Intel i5 4690k @3.5ghz  Motherboard: MSI U3 Plus Z97 GPU: Radeon R9 270x 2gb OC HDD: WD Green 3tb SDDs: Samsung 120gb, Kingston V300 120gb Case: Fractal Design Define R5 PSU: Corsair V650 Fans: Corsair AF14 x4 CPU cooler: Hyper 212 EVO (Upgrading soon)     

you'll be able to delete it afterwards, or if it fails, you can set it to delete on next boot. Then just reboot

Just make sure to chose the custom installation to uncheck all the bullshit it tries to install along.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Hey guys. Yesterday, I tried to download some free video editing software for some tech reviews on YouTube, and I got those annoying ads and malware on my computer. My Norton just ran out, because I got 2 months free with my Z97 motherboard. I go into my SSD, try to delete the malware out of "Program Files (x86)". I got most of it off, but some of it says it's "in use". Well, it's not. It's just making it hard to delete. So I ran the Command Prompt WITH administrator access, and it won't even let me force delete it. It says "Access is denied." Well, I'm stumped. I can't figure out how to get this off.

I sure hope a dumb little piece of fake software can't get through the smartest computer forum on the internet. So guys, please try to help me. Is there any way to overwrite it's stupid "access denial" and force-delete this file? Thanks, -Jordan

OH, and the malware's called "WebProtectorPlus" if that helps.

Can you download and run MalwareBytes please? It's a free application that can shift even the worst offenders, if it finds anything, then let it remove them and then reboot and attempt to delete the files that are locked and unremovable.

If the files still won't delete after that then boot into Safe mode and run the command prompt as administrator from there.

If you want a free video editor/rendering software then try Davinci Resolve Lite, you can download it for free from there and you don't even have to enter any real personal details, just any old rubbish will do, it has most of the features that paid software does and while it is tricky to learn how ot use, once you get used to it, it's an immensely powerful bit of software and you can do a heck of a lot with it.

CPU: Core i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz | MB: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX @ 1866MHz | GPU: XFX DD R9 390 | Case: Fractal Design Define S | Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO + WD Caviar Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium
Click here to help feed our lasses Pokemon

Firstly, download Malwarebytes and scan your PC. Norton was never a good candidate to begin with. 

Run and scan it once. Reboot, and scan again. Make sure the system is fully clean.

Then check to see if all the folders and garbage left behind is removed. Otherwise remove it yourself.

Have they since added a bunch of bs to the installer? I haven't used it since v1.8.6

Some sort of a search thingy that changes your default search, so annoying.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide