Wooden PC case like DIY Perk's

Jerombolo

Maybe you have seen his quite compact ATX wooden PC case. What would I need to consider if I'd do that too? I'll draw a "blueprint" now, I'll probably scan it and show it to you so that you can give your mustard to it :)

It's definitly a cool idea and a fun project.

But you really have to be sure what you're doing and it is a lot of work. Will probably take a few days at least.

Like you already said, I'd recommend to first make a few plans. Ask friends or people here on the forum what they think about your ideas and maybe we can come up with some suggestions.

Also keep upgradeability in mind. You don't want to end up with not enough harddrive mounts or something like that.

PSU dimensions/plate that it screws into. Cable management/motherboard tray. Front I/O. Probably fan spacing. Anything that would go into a standard case I guess. Just make sure you have enough airflow so it doesn't ignite and like Senzelian said, upgradeability. 

I'll make a plan now :) But! I not look for dual SLI etc. Just a simple RIG.

Is it possible that I could take out the UI (front USB prots etc.) out of my current system and somehow integrate them into my new case?

Is it possible that I could take out the UI (front USB prots etc.) out of my current system and somehow integrate them into my new case?

Yeah. You'd have to unplug it from the motherboard and take out the little panel thing on the inside that has the USB stuff, then you just put it in the new one.

Yeah. You'd have to unplug it from the motherboard and take out the little panel thing on the inside that has the USB stuff, then you just put it in the new one.

Isn't such a hard task, isn't it?

Guess it depends on the case that you're taking it from. Some are lightly screwed in and some have covers and bolts and yadda yadda yadda.

I'm looking forward to it^^

Maybe you have seen his quite compact ATX wooden PC case. What would I need to consider if I'd do that too? I'll draw a "blueprint" now, I'll probably scan it and show it to you so that you can give your mustard to it :)

Sounds good I'd probably recommend to get a motherboard tray or rear I/O shield to simply the work there and proper alignment.

http://www.mountainmods.com/mountain-mods-modular-io-panel-p-486.html?osCsid=e95rsik4plvq6ljmo95bsa90t6

Should probably be in the modding sections of the forums

Sounds good I'd probably recommend to get a motherboard tray or rear I/O shield to simply the work there and proper alignment.

http://www.mountainmods.com/mountain-mods-modular-io-panel-p-486.html?osCsid=e95rsik4plvq6ljmo95bsa90t6

Should probably be in the modding sections of the forums

I could cut it out of my current case too

A business I'm part of can do a wooden PC case for you (it will cost a fair bit of money as it requires lots of wood, time, expensive shipping, etc. Feel free to PM me if you want (I can't link our site for promotion as Code of Conduct doesn't allow it).

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

A business I'm part of can do a wooden PC case for you (it will cost a fair bit of money as it requires lots of wood, time, expensive shipping, etc. Feel free to PM me if you want (I can't link our site for promotion as Code of Conduct doesn't allow it).

Thanks for the offer but I think I can do it by myself with my dad's help :) Also shipping from the US to Switzerland is quite expensive