My soundcard recreates any sound inside the computer in my headphones

crispy345

Hey!

I bought a used computer recently, and it has been working like a charm but for one problem.

When I use the headphones on my computer, the sounds inside my computer is recreated inside the headphones.

Example, when the HDD's spin up, I can hear it very clearly, and yes, this is not something I hear good without them.

Also, when I game with my speaker system I can't hear any coil whine, but with my headset.. Wow, your head would just explode if you heard that.

Any of you heard of this problem before, and know what I can try do to?

MEH

That's just circuit noise. It's the reason why onboard audio sucks testicles. You could try a soundcard or a DAC.

The thing is I'm actually experiencing this with a proper soundcard. And yes, the front panel header is connected to the soundcard as well. It's a Creative Platinum PCIe card.

MEH

I've had the same issue with an older computer sound card - I believe it was a Sound Blaster card of some type. If possible, move the sound card to a different slot further from the interference (as low as possible), or move the interference causing item (hard drive) further from the card. If that all fails, a new soundcard with better shielding should do the trick, or a digital output to an external DAC as mentioned above. Good luck.

lol I have never had this issue

Ima leave this post here for more updates :P

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

wrap it in tin foil and then ground it if you're feeling especially ghetto.

wrap it in tin foil and then ground it if you're feeling especially ghetto.
Electrical tape looks better! Solved my issues with the Auzentech Hometheatre

I fixed a similar problem by buying a new PSU, The one I had was not very good. When I bought an CM Silent Pro Gold 800W the problem went away.

Sorry for my bad English :)

Might be a grounding problem. I can hear my mouse moving through my headphones sometimes when the lead isn't perfectly set. Try adjusting the lead in the jack, works for me for about 10 mins.

It's a Alienware computer, so switching out the PSU is not that easy :P And the harddrives are on the opposite side of the case.

MEH

It's a Alienware computer, so switching out the PSU is not that easy :P And the harddrives are on the opposite side of the case.
Thats why you should ALWAYS build your own!

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

You still should be able to switch it. Or at least try checking out a better sound card. Any Xonar will do ;)

All of your hardware is connected one way or the other through the PSU ;)

edit: As Wats say it could be an grounding problem, but if you are within warranty I would call Alienware and talk to them about your problem. It is probably something power related when you can hear other electric components through speakers/headphones.

Well, I think I have said this many times, but I will bring it up again.

I got the Alienware PC for 400$ bucks, which is NOTHING for any computer with these specs. It has a

i7 970 (which alone retails for 400$)

GTX480

6GB's of 1600Mhz memory

The only thing missing, was hardrives and DVD/Blu-ray drives.

And I could easily sell that computer for 1000$ if I want to.

The thing with the PSU, is that it has a special connector for the AlienFX board, which provides power to the lights, and rests of the special features.

And if this is a problem that is not solvable, I'll sell this computer (I plan on doing anyway) and getting a much smaller one, a mATX build maybe?

MEH

You should sell it while it still has a high value to it. You can make a very decent alternative with $1k. If you're not planning on OCing you can squish in a i5-3330 and an HD7870. And an SSD for boot (120GB). And a 2TB HDD. And a Noctua CPU cooler. And a Corsair PSU. And an Asus Xonar DG :)

Are your headphones plugged into the front panel? Have you tried plugging them directly into the rear of the soundcard?

Have you tried the integrated audio on your computer? If the problem doesn't exist with the integrated audio, try moving the sound card to a different slot away from the other components on the computer. It might just be interference.

Have you disabled your motherboards on board audio in the BIOS, I don't know if this will solve the problem but it can sometimes interfere with the sound if you have a sound card.

Current Rig:

Case: CM Storm Mid Tower | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V CPU: Intel i7 (1155) 2600k @ 3.4GHz | Ram: Ballistix Tracer DDR3 4x4GB GPU:  XFX HD Radeon XXX DD 6870 | Sound Card: Asus Xonar Essence STX  | Power Suply: OCZ 1000W  |  Boot Drive: 2 x WD Raptors 300GB in Raid 0 | Storage: Samsung SpinPoint T3 1TB | OS: Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit 

Project Zero (In Progress)

Case: Silverstone TJ07 I Motherboard: MSI z87-G45 Gaming | CPU: Intel i5-4570k | Ram: Ballistix Tracer DDR3 4x4GB GPU: 2X MSI R9 290X 4GB (x-fire) Sound Card: Asus Xonar Essence STX Power Supply: Corsair RM 850W | Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | Cooling: Custom loop (cpu+gpu's)

#killedmywife