Is the Windows 10 upgrade free?

Cy-Fy
Go to solution Solved by ShadowCaptain,

Hello guys, I know that the Windows 10 upgrade will be free because I have windows 7. However, the wording in many articles is confusing. I just read an article that says: "The Windows 10 upgrade will be free for a year".

Now, here is my confusion: Does that line above mean that when I upgrade I will have a year of Windows 10 and then I will have to pay to continue to use W10?

or does that mean that I have up to a year to get W10 for free and after I install it will remain in my laptop forever and for free?

Thanks guys!

You have to upgrade in the first 12 months in order to get the upgrade for free, after 12 months people will have to pay to upgrade

If you upgrade in the free period, you never have to pay and its free forever

Hello guys, I know that the Windows 10 upgrade will be free because I have windows 7. However, the wording in many articles is confusing. I just read an article that says: "The Windows 10 upgrade will be free for a year".

Now, here is my confusion: Does that line above mean that when I upgrade I will have a year of Windows 10 and then I will have to pay to continue to use W10?

or does that mean that I have up to a year to get W10 for free and after I install it will remain in my laptop forever and for free?

Thanks guys!

Dell XPS 15 9560 - Nikon Z5 - Galaxy S10+

Thanks guys!

You have to upgrade in the first 12 months in order to get the upgrade for free, after 12 months people will have to pay to upgrade

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Thanks guys!

Upgrade for FREE in the first year of windows 10 being released and you get it free forever.

After that first year if you have not upgraded, you will have to pay to upgrade.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

It means that if you upgrade in the first 12 months, you can have it for free forever.

Yes.

very useful :rolleyes:

Upgrade for FREE in the first year of windows 10 being released and you get it free forever.

After that first year if you have not upgraded, you will have to pay to upgrade.

Thank you very much guys this is solved now

Dell XPS 15 9560 - Nikon Z5 - Galaxy S10+