Need help in building my first PC

Hi I'm a newbie in computers and I'm wondering if anyone can help me in picking some parts to build a new pc?

budget: 900USD or less

Requirements: GTX 960 2gb and 8gb RAM

Thanks!

Budget not inclusive of OS and peripherals

Hi I'm a newbie in computers and I'm wondering if anyone can help me in picking some parts to build a new pc?

Thanks!

Just wondering, why the 960? Have you already purchased it?

Thanks!

Unless you already bought the 960 try to get a better card preferably AMD 280x or 380 

\

Does the budget include an OS and peripherals? You should also follow your own posts so you get notified when someone responds.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/yFBYK8

Not sure why you want a 960. They aren't very good...

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

Does the budget include an OS and peripherals? You should also follow your own posts so you get notified when someone responds.

opps my bad.

Nope, my budget doesnt inclide OS and peripherals

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/7gRhwP personally best bang for your buck in a small form factor with a ssd and a cpu that can be OC alot. this pc will do 1080p gaming perfectly and will be SILENT.... 

I dont think the OP would be interested in overclocking. Its an enthusiast thing thats not in the bang for the buck category ... at least thats my opinion.

I dont think the OP would be interested in overclocking. Its an enthusiast thing thats not in the bang for the buck category ... at least thats my opinion.

the gaming 5 board will OC itself with a few clicks and IMHO not overclocking is just a waste.

EDIT: with new MB most do that work for you so even a noob can do a good OC, only if you want to really squeeze every Mhz do you need to be an enthusiast   

the gaming 5 board will OC itself with a few clicks and IMHO not overclocking is just a waste. 

isnt 960 around the same power as 380?

EDIT: with new MB most do that work for you so even a noob can do a good OC, only if you want to really squeeze every Mhz do you need to be an enthusiast   

haha I not very sure how to overclock so I dun think I will be overclocking and this is my first build

This is a debate for a different thread but i disagree. Youre paying extra for the cpu, motherboard, psu and case/fans. The performance gain usually isnt worth the extra cost/heat even if we presume 100% stability. Youre better off putting that money into a better gpu. I suggest the OP just gets a non-k cpu.

haha I not very sure how to overclock so I dun think I will be overclocking and this is my first build

it is litterally 4 clicks and you just sit back... BUT if you dont want to OC, the g3258 is still a good start until you can upgrade to a 4690k or to something close...  its a cheap cpu to atleast get your build up and running

edit: ill add that on a STOCK g3258 with a 970 i was able to game at 4k NO issues, sure it was only finaly fanasty 14 but still 4k res at medium setting and stock 3.2ghz speeds on a stock cooler

it is litterally 4 clicks and you just sit back... BUT if you dont want to OC, the g3258 is still a good start until you can upgrade to a 4690k or to something close...  its a cheap cpu to atleast get your build up and running

edit: ill add that on a STOCK g3258 with a 970 i was able to game at 4k NO issues, sure it was only finaly fanasty 14 but still 4k res at medium setting and stock 3.2ghz speeds on a stock cooler

Just no. He is fine getting a 4690 for his first build. Recommending a g3258 and a 960 in a 800$ build is just stupid (sorry but it is). Youre better off saving on the power supply and case/fans and get a better gpu. I would consider http://pcpartpicker.com/p/y9sB6h superior over what you posted.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/x9hxqs my revised build with some room to add your own fans depending on if you want led fans or what not, still gives you an ssd and a 970  16gb of ram, which you can always change to 8gb but the 16gb is only 30 bucks more...

Just no. He is fine getting a 4690 for his first build. Recommending a g3258 and a 960 in a 800$ build is just stupid (sorry but it is). Youre better off saving on the power supply and case/fans and get a better gpu. I would consider http://pcpartpicker.com/p/y9sB6h superior over what you posted.

not a personal fan of the case, but i do agree for a non-OCing set up... that is a good build for under 900.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/x9hxqs my revised build with some room to add your own fans depending on if you want led fans or what not, still gives you an ssd and a 970  16gb of ram, which you can always change to 8gb but the 16gb is only 30 bucks more...

a dual core just won't going to cut it in 2015, I would not use the pentium, some games even refuse to launch with only 2 threads, a h97 + 4460 with the stock cooler would give better gaming performance for less

a dual core just won't going to cut it in 2015, I would not use the pentium, some games even refuse to launch with only 2 threads, a h97 + 4460 with the stock cooler would give better gaming performance for less

again like i said... g3258 is a good STARTING cpu, and i have a g3258 in my media pc and i can run games like gta 5 and dying light at max setting with the 980 ssc i have in it just fine. sure some games wont run on a dual core, but those are few in numbers.

again like i said... g3258 is a good STARTING cpu, and i have a g3258 in my media pc and i can run games like gta 5 and dying light at max setting with the 980 ssc i have in it just fine. sure some games wont run on a dual core, but those are few in numbers.

Its a good CPU, nobody will argue that. Though in context to what the OP wants its not a good recommendation. A non-k i5 is perfect for a first build for someone with a decent but not overly crazy budget. 

A case and fans are a personal preference, i can say the Neos is a great case since ive been using it for a year now. Just there to show you can get a good case with filtration for a good price.

it's a perfect starting cpu for a $350 build but it's not a good cpu even in a $500 when one can easily afford an i3, and this is $900 for a build like that the pentium is an awful choice, some games won't launch and some games will have awful stutter like crysis or battlefield that makes them unplayable, for $900 the i5-4460 is a no brainier and the best bang for the buck

it's a perfect starting cpu for a $350 build but it's not a good cpu even in a $500 when one can easily afford an i3, and this is $900 for a build like that the pentium is an awful choice, some games won't launch and some games will have awful stutter like crysis or battlefield that makes them unplayable, for $900 the i5-4460 is a no brainier and the best bang for the buck

Agreed. Unlocked i5 is perfect, depends on the OP where he buys his parts if the difference between the 4460 and something like a 4690 is worth it. 

Pair that i5 with a 290 and youre going to have an awesome gaming experience.