Build Log Illustrations

Hey LTT community!

Who Am I?

Hi I'm Harry! I'm a loooong watcher and lurker! I am also a Graphic Design/Illustration student in the UK with a keen interest in technology and vector artwork. As part of my work currently, in an effort to flesh out my portfolio, I have been creating piece of art like the ones below. This started back in June 2014 when I first made a case layout to plan a water cooled build for my H440 (still not finished it).

wkpwsYal.jpgaD5ELOKl.jpg

The List

The official list AND order in which request will be done. Do not dispute the list, it is God.

1. Sapphire R9 Fury TRI-X
    2. Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X
    3. MSI GTX 980 Twin Frozr V
    4. Radeon R9 295x2
    5. R9 Fury X
    6. R9 Nano

Common Questions

These are fake then, huh?

Nope, these are 100% my own work and each one is made up of between 100 and 5000 separate shapes all layered up to create the image you see above!

Soooo they're traced?

Still nope, they are measured before hand and the individual components get made and positioned, this is why there are a few mistakes and differences, this allows me to make them more "artworky" and less technical specs sheet!

I have seen these before, did you steal them?

If you have seen these before then you either follow my Instagram or are part of the PCMR sub-reddit. I do post their occasionally and I got a reasonable amount of publicity last year for a Parvum (awesome case makers) build that I animated!

Can I have these as a wallpaper?

Yes of course! All of the images linked here are wallpaper sized (3840x2160)

I have a 21:9/16:10/4:3 monitor though!

All my images are completely vectored, if you need a custom size just shoot me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible!

I don't like the colour you used on X!

Unfortunately tough! If I made every colour for everyone we'd be talking about terabytes of images that would get used once!

Why is the layout for X not perfectly like the real thing?

Because I don't trace! If I was to trace everything then sure it would be perfect but this is artwork and not circuit guides, I am not iFixit (wish I was though!)

Can you do my build?

Potentially! I want to ask the LTT community if they're interested in voting on build for me to make, these of course are 100% free and would be entirely decided upon by community feedback. 

How long does it take you?

Depends on the complexity, a single GPU could take an hour while a fully animated build could take 2-3 days of work.

When will it be done?

If you're willing to pay, I can give you an end date. As I am doing this in my spare time for free, well I can give you a Linus deadline, "In the future sometime."

ZOXR3a0l.jpgVygb5Yol.jpg

n3GEzWnl.jpgk2UX6Oel.jpg

What was that about animations?

Ah I'm glad you asked! 

YciGgEJ.gif

JzMxopO.gif

There are of course more but this is just a small sample and I dun't want to kill everyone's computers!

What was this all about again?

TL;DR I am looking for some feedback of build that you guys (LTT community) would like built in my style and then animated! I will obviously be seeking permission of the owner of the build before I go ahead but the aim is to bring a bit of art into the build log section maybe! I am also willing to work on build that are not finished or just concepts, thats how I planned out mine!

~ Harry

Glorious. 

Mad props, I use to do Graphic Design work. I came to the conclusion I like doing images for myself more than doing it for other people, on top of that there is a lot of competition in Graphic Design so I decided to look for other avenues of work. Still have my certifications though :D

Question do you use a tablet? If so what type?

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Those are actually quite awesome, nice work mate! The animations are your best works, by far.

Wanted Build: i5 4690K, Z97-A, Vengeance 16GB, Samsung 256GB SSD, 980TI, Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX

Keyboard: Blackwidow Chroma Mouse: G502 Headset: Skullcandy PLYR 2 Phone: Samsung S6 Edge Tablet: iPad 2

Investing in becoming a Logitech fanboi?

Wow. I love those animations!

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

Glorious. 

Mad props, I use to do Graphic Design work. I came to the conclusion I like doing images for myself more than doing it for other people, on top of that there is a lot of competition in Graphic Design so I decided to look for other avenues of work. Still have my certifications though :D

Question do you use a tablet? If so what type?

I do for other work but this is all mouse and keyboard, trusty M95 has all my Illustrator short cuts on it! 

Nice mate you seem very talented keep on doin what u r doin!

The Y.E.T.I. is in progress?Whaaat? (modding aproach&build log)->http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/355618-project-yeti-first-build/

[READ THE COC BEFORE POSTING][Check twice cut once][NZXT rules:D][Dremel is Love Dremel is Life][COOKIES ARE GREAT][LOGIC]

Finally, someone who knows how to actually create a GIF.

It is becoming a lost art! 

WOW THAT IS TOTALLY AWESOME

i would love to have you made mine if my build wasn't a boring generic stuff

looking forward to your next masterpiece, surprise me

Please post more of your work here, I really like it and I'm sure everyone else wants to see more as well. (The way you can do it without killing people's internet is by creating a spoiler. I don't know how to do that, so maby someone in this thread will tell how.)

EDIT- I could sit here all day and watch these animations

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

It is becoming a lost art! 

No kidding.

You keep it in a continuous pose making it seem like a new case is being produced in a factory, other people just loop the GIF.

WOW THAT IS TOTALLY AWESOME

i would love to have you made mine if my build wasn't a boring generic stuff

looking forward to your next masterpiece, surprise me

Please post more of your work here, I really like it and I'm sure everyone else wants to see more as well. (The way you can do it without killing people's internet is by creating a spoiler. I don't know how to do that, so maby someone in this thread will tell how.)

Like I say guys any suggestions of builds/themes/components are welcome! Maybe we could create a hall of fame for the build log forum? All ideas welcome!

Like I say guys any suggestions of builds/themes/components are welcome! Maybe we could create a hall of fame for the build log forum? All ideas welcome!

what about an xfx 290/290x gpu?

post-123438-0-18116600-1436402965_thumb.

post-123438-0-18116600-1436402965_thumb.

Something like this?  ;)

-snip-

http://i.imgur.com/Wgcrike.jpg

Do you have that in 21:9 1080p?  :)

I want to say : " Wow , this is awesome . " but I can't seem to find my jaw ... I think it felll when I first saw the illustrations ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

@Thermal : Will you be doing the same for the MSI new X99 motherboard ? ( The Godlike version ) 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

if you  could make some ultrawide versions for triple monitor setups. just extra length background colors on the side. awsome work by the way.

How bout an AMD A10 APU for a change :)