Why are drug users almost always very thin?

Huh... only weed users I know are all rail thin. (or well 1 normal weight one but...)

Yeah dude, I understand that. All my stoner buds are giant.

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

They aren't though. Marijuana doesn't directly make you overweight or underweight.

Also not directly, duh, but It makes you eat more so it would be logical to assume you would get fatter over time. But then I also don't understand why my friends who use it don't gain weight. Guess their diets are good.

Everybody gives drugs a lot of shit but here is the dirty secret; drugs make you feel awesome.

jk dont do drugs its bad for you

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

for those hard drugs they kinda make you forget everything around you don't they? I've only done weed and shrooms so I have no point of reference.

and then once your high wears off your craving is for more drugs and that overrides the hunger pangs?

and coming from first hand experience once you fight off your hunger pangs long enough they go away completely.

THat's debatable. Brain wise, it can slow it down a bit, but apart from that, there's a crap ton of medical benefits.

Aspirins have benefits too, take too many and you're going to die.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Aspirins have benefits too, take too many and you're going to die.

Never heard of a weed overdose thougH? :P

You're talking about fat people then, duh.  :mellow:

Yes, I suppose you could call sugar addicts fat people. 

Yes, I suppose you could call sugar addicts fat people. 

Not necessarily though, could be eating a lot of meat or salt etc. Depends. Food addict is more like it.

Psychologically unstable people can overdose on weed. It won't kill them, but that isn't how an overdose is typically classified. Edibles can also cause you to have some pretty nasty side effects, assuming you take way too many. 

Of course, just because something is unsafe doesn't mean it should be kept from people. We don't baby proof grown adult's homes and cut their vegetables for them because we can't trust them with knives. 

Weed, shrooms, LSD and MDMA are the safest drugs in the world

If anyone cared to look at that link, I'll just point out that weed sits in the middle of the list because of the LEGAL harms it causes. That is, you get caught with it and now your life is really bad. It isn't because of psychological or physiological harms. If it were based just on that, it would be at the end of the list.

Psychologically unstable people can overdose on weed. It won't kill them, but that isn't how an overdose is typically classified. Edibles can also cause you to have some pretty nasty side effects, assuming you take way too many. 

Of course, just because something is unsafe doesn't mean it should be kept from people. We don't baby proof grown adult's homes and cut their vegetables for them because we can't trust them with knives. 

Weed, shrooms, LSD and MDMA are the safest drugs in the world

If anyone cared to look at that link, I'll just point out that weed sits in the middle of the list because of the LEGAL harms it causes. That is, you get caught with it and now your life is really bad. It isn't because of psychological or physiological harms. If it were based just on that, it would be at the end of the list.

Yeah I know, it isn't really harmful.

Yeah I know, it isn't really harmful.

I disagree, I think it really is harmful. 

I disagree, I think it really is harmful. 

You just said it isn't  :huh:

You just said it isn't  :huh:

That is not what I said. I said it's the least harmful compared to most other drugs. It can still cause a lot of people a lot of problems. It isn't "a lot" when you compare it to other drugs, but on its own it is a lot. 

But the potential harms of weed should be irrelevant to its legal status. I've told several doctors before that I self medicate (illegally) and they just scoff and tell me why it's a bad idea. But when we start to talk about THEIR recommended prescriptions, and the torrent of side effects they come with, all of a sudden its "Well, no drug is perfect". The nerve of these people...

That is not what I said. I said it's the least harmful compared to most other drugs. It can still cause a lot of people a lot of problems. It isn't "a lot" when you compare it to other drugs, but on its own it is a lot. 

But the potential harms of weed should be irrelevant to its legal status. I've told several doctors before that I self medicate (illegally) and they just scoff and tell me why it's a bad idea. But when we start to talk about THEIR recommended prescriptions, and the torrent of side effects they come with, all of a sudden its "Well, no drug is perfect". The nerve of these people...

Well still find it pretty harmless :P

It works differently, but it has been proven to damage your brain in the long term. Depending on the person it could cause serious issues.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

It works differently, but it has been proven to damage your brain in the long term. Depending on the person it could cause serious issues.

Ah okay...

Meth is an upper and along with suppressing your apetite you tend to be extremely hyper on the drug. I knew a guy who did it on a daily basis and I had to chug a 6 pack of energy drink just to understand what the hell he was talking about lol

i7 4770k/Maximus VII Hero/Titan X/ 500gb 850evox2 r0/1000 EVGA G2

from personal experience I feel alcohol to be more damaging than weed

from personal experience I feel alcohol to be more damaging than weed

Fun fact (for people who don't know): Alcohol is POISON. It's actually more damaging.

Fun fact (for people who don't know): Alcohol is POISON. It's actually more damaging.

*Shrug* Will still drink it  :P

It works differently, but it has been proven to damage your brain in the long term.

No, no it hasn't. People who have negative effects tend to find other drugs or just stop using altogether. Long term users can tolerate the psychedelic qualities, the only thing that's really harmful.

Of the 483 compunds in weed, the most common dozen are extremely healthy for you and overpower the trace amounts of any potentially harmful ones.

The only person I know that does hard drugs is actually pretty chubby, he's not fat but definitely overweight. I know tons of pot smokers and there are a few overweight ones, but most of them are really healthy and eat right, though that's probably just due to the types of people I associate with. Lots of people smoke pot then go skating or biking or take walks through the park or go to the gym, not all smokers just sit on the couch and watch family guy all day while eating pizza.

Like others have said it's just a stereotype. I know plenty of large people of various drug uses

"Rawr XD"