My Second Asus 7950 just died

The title explains most of it really. I bought my first Asus 7950 DCU2 Top V2  back in Christmas and it died back in April. I went through the RMA and received a replacement and now that one is dead to. 

I just wanted to ask the community if I am just unlucky or if it is possible that the failures are due to something I have done? Is it possible that there is something I am doing that is resulting in these failure?

Any insight would be much appreciated:) 

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

Send a pic of your rig? Maybe a heating problem I guess. I think you may just be unlucky.

i5 4670k | Sapphire 7950 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB | G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 8GB

PB238Q | Steelseries Sensei | Ducky DK9087 | Qck Heavy

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/44902-from-imac-to-my-own-creation/

well what have you done? What settings did you tinker with? I honestly think you're just unlucky cause they shouldn't just die even if you tinkered with it

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

The title explains most of it really. I bought my first Asus 7950 DCU2 Top V2  back in Christmas and it died back in April. I went through the RMA and received a replacement and now that one is dead to. 

I just wanted to ask the community if I am just unlucky or if it is possible that the failures are due to something I have done? Is it possible that there is something I am doing that is resulting in these failure?

Any insight would be much appreciated:) 

airflow is bad.

and partly unlucky.

A few of you wondered how much i tinkered with it: 

The first one I did not tinker with at all

The second i over clocked to the settings that Slick/Linus used in their graphics card showdowns.

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

Asus are horrible, im honestly never going to buy or install anything from them ever again until they get their shit together.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Asus are horrible, im honestly never going to buy or install anything from them ever again until they get their shit together.

Your comment does not help anyone in any way shape or form. If you had a bad experience with a set if products, don't scream it to the whole world. Asus makes amazing products and like everything else in the world, it can fail due to age or your luck.

Your comment does not help anyone in any way shape or form. If you had a bad experience with a set if products, don't scream it to the whole world. Asus makes amazing products and like everything else in the world, it can fail due to age or your luck.

Ive got no problems with some of their products like their monitors. Gpus and motherboards i have a problem with their gpus and motherboards. I dont like especially on the AMD side how many issues there are regarding the 990fx range without the sabertooth or rog name on it. Their quality drops lower then it should. Their graphics cards are good at cooling but have a noticeable failure rate. Worst of all and by far is how horrible their customer service is for me, maybe its only like this in the Uk. Ive had 5 broken asus products before, i sent all of them for RMA and so far only one has returned. As i have customers that arents me and cant always afford to wait it makes it very hard for me to accept and i have to result to buying another product which wastes money. Im sorry that im blunt in the comment above but im quite furious at Asus at the moment. At the moment i probably would only buy a rog series product from them has they have higher quality however most of the time id rather play it safe and get a gigabyte board.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

To address the ASUS/AMD haters/bashers and general malcontents....So far (knock on silicon) my experience with ASUS/AMD has been positive, but could change in a nano second...Gave my son my Intel rig and switched to AMD. Both rigs use their respective Sabertooth boards and utilize the 7950 for the gpu. Runs as it should and I believe that the 8350 is a great processor in its own right.  With that, my Intel 3470 also did its job and gamed very well... On to the OPs issue...ConfusedDolphin, sounds like bad luck at the lottery for you little brother...two cards that die within a short timeframe from the same manufacturer...wow...did you kill the Dahli Llama in another form or something?  Thats karma man....but as I tell my friends/relatives when asked about PC products...like anything, cars, homes and wives....you can always get a bad one....wait for the 9000 series or if your overloaded with an abundance of cash go for the 7970 right now.  Might want to consider Sapphire for AMD as they are an exclusive partner or EVGA for Nvidia if you go the GTX 700 series route. Everyone else (MSI, ASUS,ect..) is in both camps right now....I hope you resolve your issue and get back to gaming soon....Later.

<p>CM HAF 922 (Akasa Apache 140s/120s for case cooling), ASUS Sabertooth Z77, Intel 3570K@4.0Ghz, 16GB Kingston Black @1600 (2x8), Xigmatek DK 2 with 2 xAkasa Apache 120mm, Sapphire 7950 OC CF, NZXT Sentry Mix 2 FC, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD x1, Kingston Hyper X 240GB SSD x1, Seasonic 1050w PSU, Cyborg V5 Keyboard with RAT 3 mouse, ASUS VG248QE 144mhz. monitor

To address the ASUS/AMD haters/bashers and general malcontents....So far (knock on silicon) my experience with ASUS/AMD has been positive, but could change in a nano second...Gave my son my Intel rig and switched to AMD. Both rigs use their respective Sabertooth boards and utilize the 7950 for the gpu. Runs as it should and I believe that the 8350 is a great processor in its own right.  With that, my Intel 3470 also did its job and gamed very well... On to the OPs issue...ConfusedDolphin, sounds like bad luck at the lottery for you little brother...two cards that die within a short timeframe from the same manufacturer...wow...did you kill the Dahli Llama in another form or something?  Thats karma man....but as I tell my friends/relatives when asked about PC products...like anything, cars, homes and wives....you can always get a bad one....wait for the 9000 series or if your overloaded with an abundance of cash go for the 7970 right now.  Might want to consider Sapphire for AMD as they are an exclusive partner or EVGA for Nvidia if you go the GTX 700 series route. Everyone else (MSI, ASUS,ect..) is in both camps right now....I hope you resolve your issue and get back to gaming soon....Later.

I should be able to rma this one and get another but i will be really ticked off if it dies again within 3 months and probably just buy a 780 in a fit of rage. 

Maybe Asus are terrible, because when I had a GTX 560 Direct CU, it died after 9 months of use, lucky I had 1 year warranty.

Since then, it has been running fine on my friends computer.

Sennheiser HD600 Logitech G304 White Anne Pro 2 LG27UL500

Ryzen 5 3600 + MSI B450i Gaming Plus AC in Fractal Design Nano S