NCASE M1 Build with Custom Side Panel Window | Painted GTX 980 Reference

koehler

BTW how did you make or buy that custom side window panel for your m1 case? did you use the original side panel and cut it out and make a window?

BTW how did you make or buy that custom side window panel for your m1 case? did you use the original side panel and cut it out and make a window?

yes, I did use the original side panel and make a cut... :)

While waiting for my Noctua NH-L9x65 Low Profile Cooler, I played around with Fractal Design Kelvin T12... What do you think guys?  :)

20150807_182433_e.jpg

i don't like the fractal design kelvin cpu block and tubes D: and with the side window either go air cooling or custom water :) ! pretty sure you can fit a slim rad with slim fans in the bottom and even tho slim fans are meh.. it is still pretty cool looking. 

i don't like the fractal design kelvin cpu block and tubes D: and with the side window either go air cooling or custom water :) ! pretty sure you can fit a slim rad with slim fans in the bottom and even tho slim fans are meh.. it is still pretty cool looking.

Planning to do custom watercooling in few months time... Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE : Custom Water Cooling

Routing of the Acrylic Tube was a bit challenging for such a small case... This is what I came up with... Cooling the CPU for now... Cheers!

By the way, my first attempt doing custom water cooling...  :) 

20150829_133502_e.jpg

Did you only go for a single 120mm rad for the cpu? (not familiar with the Ncase so I don't know where you would put another) And are you using the aurora coolant in there? I've heard its not meant for daily use but it looks very cool. It would match those raiden DIMMs you had in there before really well. Very sweet, +watch.

Did you only go for a single 120mm rad for the cpu? (not familiar with the Ncase so I don't know where you would put another) And are you using the aurora coolant in there? I've heard its not meant for daily use but it looks very cool. It would match those raiden DIMMs you had in there before really well. Very sweet, +watch.

that backspot is 92 mm. 

should be sufficent enough though :) 

yes the aurora coolant can be stainy and not good at all for your blocks and so on but they made an aurora 2 which should be less stainy and stuff. atleast that is what i've heard.

nice system i really like the simplicity of it and the bends looks great :)

that backspot is 92 mm. 

should be sufficent enough though :) 

yes the aurora coolant can be stainy and not good at all for your blocks and so on but they made an aurora 2 which should be less stainy and stuff. atleast that is what i've heard.

nice system i really like the simplicity of it and the bends looks great :)

Wow, that's sweet!

Thanks guys!

Yes I am using 92mm Black Ice Nemesis M92GTX Rad... Comparing the temps previously in full load, I am hitting ~88deg... Now it's ~57deg... Also I am using the Aurora 2 Coolant... Cheers!  :)

• 5 weeks later...

Man... your build is my wet dreams! Truly EPIC.
I got a evga hadron, made some custom paint job, but as I didn't have a good paint and also not really good skills it was not top notch, but good enough (minor defects in the paint job on some edges, barely visible... )

I made a SFX PSU fit inside the Hadron, but had to modify it's interior taking the HDD cage out , still the sfx psu is held in place using double-sided tape... not a elegant solution, but visually fine...

Well, back to the subject.. Do you have a video/tutorial on how you made this custom side pannel window? Hadron's got one, but I'm thinking about getting a Cougar QBX (I would go for the M1, it's really awesome! But I live in Brasil, and getting one would be quite difficult and expensive).

Im not totally diggin the harddrive so exposed but besides that I think its an awesome clean build

Like the gpu backplate! Custom made?

GTX 980 Ref comes with the backplate... I just painted it with PlastiDip... Cheers!

Im not totally diggin the harddrive so exposed but besides that I think its an awesome clean build

Thanks!

How'd you get the side panel window :P

I did the custom side panel window using a dremel... Cheers!

Man... your build is my wet dreams! Truly EPIC.

I got a evga hadron, made some custom paint job, but as I didn't have a good paint and also not really good skills it was not top notch, but good enough (minor defects in the paint job on some edges, barely visible... )

I made a SFX PSU fit inside the Hadron, but had to modify it's interior taking the HDD cage out , still the sfx psu is held in place using double-sided tape... not a elegant solution, but visually fine...

Well, back to the subject.. Do you have a video/tutorial on how you made this custom side pannel window? Hadron's got one, but I'm thinking about getting a Cougar QBX (I would go for the M1, it's really awesome! But I live in Brasil, and getting one would be quite difficult and expensive).

Unfortunately I don't have any video... Maybe in the coming weeks, my friends who has the same case wish to customize their M1 side panel... I should take video... Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome build! I've just got the M1 myself and I really wan't to jam a 140mm wide GPU in there. I cant do this unless I modify the sidepanel. I've got a dremel at home but I'm totaly new to this thing about modifying cases. Do you have any tips for the task? I would need to make the window buldge out atleast 10mm. 

• 2 months later...

Wow this looks so sweet, I really wish NCase had a windowed option available.  Did you ever get around to doing a tutorial video?

Is that a D5 in there?!

CPU Intel Core i7 4790K Motherboard EVGA Z97 Stinger Core-3D GPU EVGA GTX 980Ti SC+ Storage 128 GB Samsung 850 Pro, 512 GB Samsung 850 EVO, 750GB HDD PSU Silverstone SX600-G Case Dan Cases A4-SFX v1 Cooling Custom Loop Monitor Acer Predator XB271HU (1440p), ASUS 1080p Keyboard TADA68 Mouse Logitech G502 Build Log Link

• 1 year later...

Absolutely awesome build man! I know you've updated your system since, but would just like to know in this mod, how did you get the HDD cage to sit like that? Was it a mod?