Need new Headphones/Headset and amp/dac

DanKepke

Tell him beats suck and to never buy you any

If it was that easy... I know he wants to help but he has that strong "expensive must be best" mentality...

ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

If it was that easy... I know he wants to help but he has that strong "expensive must be best" mentality...

the show him sennheiser headphones that are the same price or more?

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Send him a picture of HD800 and its price tag with a quote "more expensive than beats, definitely better than beats" :P

Or you could show him the orpheus, or stax sr009.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I just wanted to thank you guys for helping me with my choice! I got my stuff this week and it's awesome!

qqheo8b6.jpg

Thanks for helping me!

ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

I just wanted to thank you guys for helping me with my choice! I got my stuff this week and it's awesome!

qqheo8b6.jpg

Thanks for helping me!

I see, a treble rapefest fan

qqheo8b6.jpg

Thanks for helping me!

If you like trebble rape, those are good cans. I can't really vouch for how good it is, but I've heard of satisfied users who still keep it.

My Grading System on headphones: SS= 98-100, S= 95-97, A+= 91-94, A= 86-90, A-= 81-85, B+= 76-80, B= 71-75, B-= 66-70, C+= 61-65, C= 56-60, C-= 51-55, D+= 46-50, D= 41-45, D-= 36-40, F+= 31-35, F= 26-30, F-= 21-25, Tier 1 crap= 16-20, Tier 2 crap= 11-15, Tier 3 crap= 6-10, Dahell tier= 1-5, No hope= 0                 Nevertheless, "Enjoy what you enjoy without starting some silly culture war" - Lachlanlikesathing. If you Recommend the M50/X in a thead, I would probably send you a dick pic.

If you like trebble rape, those are good cans. I can't really vouch for how good it is, but I've heard of satisfied users who still keep it.

As I keep saying over and over, the Tesla line of headphones are shit on wheels.

Beyerdynamic is even aware of this, which is why they are releasing a Tesla 2.0 driver beginning with the T1:

"Compared to its predecessor, the new T 1 shines through a stronger and more precise bass reproduction. This gives the sound more substance and ensures a balanced listening experience in a class. An additional damping in the heart of the Tesla driver resonances at high frequencies are eliminated. With the aim to create the ultimate sound experience, the geometry of the baffle structure was fundamentally optimized and the one-ply baffle tissue replaced by a more stable high-tech compound fabric. Thus, a resonance of the tissue is reduced to a minimum and thus produces an even clearer sound reproduction."

The main problem with the Tesla headphones is the insufficient damping, leading to uncontrolled treble resonances, horrendous impulse response, and worse than average harmonic distortion.

If the quoted text above is any indication, we can look forward to these issues being fixed.

Thanks for helping me!

That amp/DAC is thoroughly unnecessary for those cans. Too late now, I guess.

I for my part am satisfied with the T70p. Compared to all the headphones i had the T70p are legendary. The only thing that i have to take a look into are the pads. My ears have a bit of contact with the driver which annoys me after 3-4h quite a bit (any suggestions?).

I also tested how the E10K affects the result and that thing helps. It may by my notebook but without the E10K the music loses deepth, bass (the 3DB+ hits my sweet spot) and detail. It's not a to heavy difference but i take the better sound which comes with the E10K. 

In the summary: I'm happy with the purchase! Just need to find thicker pads.

ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

I for my part am satisfied with the T70p. Compared to all the headphones i had the T70p are legendary. The only thing that i have to take a look into are the pads. My ears have a bit of contact with the driver which annoys me after 3-4h quite a bit (any suggestions?).

I also tested how the E10K affects the result and that thing helps. It may by my notebook but without the E10K the music loses deepth, bass (the 3DB+ hits my sweet spot) and detail. It's not a to heavy difference but i take the better sound which comes with the E10K. 

In the summary: I'm happy with the purchase! Just need to find thicker pads.

Any of the DT or T series pads will fit, but may change the sound in unpredictable ways.

And which of them are thicker?

ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ