Metal gear solid V

Hi guys I'm having and argue with one of my friends about the impossibility of jumping in this game, for me it's like a insult That they just don't developt the jumping in the game. Well I want to know what u guys think.

xCPUx // 4790k 4.7ghz @ 1.32v \\ xMOBAx // Saberthooth Mark 1 \\  xGPUx  // Gtx 970 G1 gaming \\

xStoragex // Samsung 850 evo (128gb) and 1tb WD black \\ xCpuCoolerx // H100i \\ xCasex // h440 White\\ xKeyboardx // Blackwidow Ultimate stealth \\ xMousex // Tt Theron \\

....I dont even know what you are trying to say.

Are you complaining there isnt a jump button....? Metal Gear has never had one and I have played every single MG out there.

If thats what you are saying no..it doesnt need one, at all.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Hi guys I'm having and argue with one of my friends about the impossibility of jumping in this game, for me it's like a insult That they just don't developt the jumping in the game. Well I want to know what u guys think.

Did you play brink?

That was a game that was developed for jumping, and the attention they had to pay in engine, and level design went way beyond what any game did before, or since. A simple thing like jump turns what is esentially a 2D map with different levels, and thus sight lines, into a true 3D environment, where the developer has to spend far more time not only in code, but just basic level design.

the witcher decided to implement the jump button after 3 games, and it's pretty much the useless button. source

jump is just not necessary in a MGS game, you would do nothing with. i'm ok that they didn't put it in the game

I think that they have have to out it like in the Witcher, in the Witcher 2 u can't jump and it feels un impersonal, so in the Witcher 3 they putted the jumping in and I loved it.

xCPUx // 4790k 4.7ghz @ 1.32v \\ xMOBAx // Saberthooth Mark 1 \\  xGPUx  // Gtx 970 G1 gaming \\

xStoragex // Samsung 850 evo (128gb) and 1tb WD black \\ xCpuCoolerx // H100i \\ xCasex // h440 White\\ xKeyboardx // Blackwidow Ultimate stealth \\ xMousex // Tt Theron \\

Did you play brink?

That was a game that was developed for jumping, and the attention they had to pay in engine, and level design went way beyond what any game did before, or since. A simple thing like jump turns what is esentially a 2D map with different levels, and thus sight lines, into a true 3D environment, where the developer has to spend far more time not only in code, but just basic level design.

Metal Gear..on higher difficulties has demanded you pay attention to the 3rd plane since mgs2, (it might be a default action of the AI now though in MGS2 on lower settings you could ignore it) if you are not aware of what is above you you WILL get spotted.

So while transversal of the landscape might not be as you describe (though there are still multiple paths 2 objectives that can take place at different heights I can think of one such things in Ground Zeros right now) there is still a way that gameplay demands you take the 3rd dimension into account.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

In the Witcher 3 u can get to places where u would be able without jumping. I can't imagine the Witcher without jumping with the horse off elevated ground.

I think that they have have to out it like in the Witcher, in the Witcher 2 u can't jump and it feels un impersonal, so in the Witcher 3 they putted the jumping in and I loved it.

Give me any practical reason for jumping in metal gear.

Keep in mind climbing on top of things of reasonable height has been in the series since MGS2

MGSs roll is MUCH more vital to gameplay then a jump could ever be.

System Specs

In the Witcher 3 u can get to places where u would be able without jumping. I can't imagine the Witcher without jumping with the horse off elevated ground.

Okay? so the dev can lower all things you can jump on to about chest height and make a contextual climb button like MGS has...its the same thing.

System Specs

Metal Gear..on higher difficulties has demanded you pay attention to the 3rd plane since mgs2, (it might be a default action of the AI now though in MGS2 on lower settings you could ignore it) if you are not aware of what is above you you WILL get spotted.

So while transversal of the landscape might not be as you describe (though there are still multiple paths 2 objectives that can take place at different heights I can think of one such things in Ground Zeros right now) there is still a way that gameplay demands you take the 3rd dimension into account.

No, metal gear made you pay attention to the 3rd dimension in terms of lines of sight (something I did mention) But it's movement has always been in 2D with you moving between contours. As I said, modelling an engine for true 3D movement is something else again, and requires a very different approach to level design.

No, metal gear made you pay attention to the 3rd dimension in terms of lines of sight (something I did mention) But it's movement has always been in 2D with you moving between contours. As I said, modelling an engine for true 3D movement is something else again, and requires a very different approach to level design.

id say the fast high paced action combined with its jumping has more to do with brinks level design then its "true 3d movement" As I mentioned MGS really started to open up its path to objectives since mgs3. And while the skill set is difference between MGS and brink in dealing and utilizing things at different height levels. its still a gameplay factor in MGS and the level design element is there. MGS5 from what I seen in gameplay the level design is going to be a much more important factor then its ever been in MGS, but its always been there they just need to focus there design on other factors more so.

System Specs

They have been developing this game for 3 year at least and I think they just can't complain about the difficult of doing something when they clearly haven't spare in cost at the time of thinking in this game

They have been developing this game for 3 year at least and I think they just can't complain about the difficult of doing something when they clearly haven't spare in cost at the time of thinking in this game

,,,,no one said anything about the difficulty in doing it. Jump is not the tiniest bit relevant to the gameplay MGS is trying to go for.

System Specs

They have been developing this game for 3 year at least and I think they just can't complain about the difficult of doing something when they clearly haven't spare in cost at the time of thinking in this game. And if u are not making him able to jump at least make the horse able.

id say the fast high paced action combined with its jumping has more to do with brinks level design then its "true 3d movement" As I mentioned MGS really started to open up its path to objectives since mgs3. And while the skill set is difference between MGS and brink in dealing and utilizing things at different height levels. its still a gameplay factor in MGS and the level design element is there. MGS5 from what I seen in gameplay the level design is going to be a much more important factor then its ever been in MGS, but its always been there they just need to focus there design on other factors more so.

Actually I've always liked MG's level design (although I will say nintendo's controllers used to absolutely trash your thumbs) My point wasn't that the design was bad, just that there were different challenges involved. I will agree that anything after MGS was fart more vertical, in that you couldn't hide just by changing levels anymore. and people on a higher level could now see you over the obstacle.

They have been developing this game for 3 year at least and I think they just can't complain about the difficult of doing something when they clearly haven't spare in cost at the time of thinking in this game. And if u are not making him able to jump at least make the horse able.

In the end, you can't have everything....Otherwise you get unity....

Again, why? So the horse can jump over walls that are  shorter then the tops of its legs? The only time you are going to encounter something like that is barricades and other such things that are going to be extremely defended, making the horse useless in those environments. A horse isnt the sneakiest thing around, its objective is to get you from the wilderness to a built up encampment. Not to walk up to your objective.

System Specs

Sorry for posting the same twice, Aldo is a game that aim for realistic things like the time, the shooting, the level of intelligence in the NPC system, the sound at the time of infiltration, and all the infiltration system itself. It just feel rare not being able to jump

MGS doesn't need a jump, there is no why to it, you do not benefit from being able to jump, so why add it.