Best way to learn C#

MrMiniBeast

Hi.

I've decided to start learning c# for software development.

I am looking for a good resource, preferably a book, to help me do this.

I have very limited programming knowledge in a few languages (python, java, HTML, CSS).

However I would like to get as complete as an understanding as I can of c#.

I am willing to spend money on a book or an IDE if necessary.

Thanks for the help

FX 8350 | MSI 650ti BOOST | Gigabyte 970A-UD3P | Corsair CX 430

Diablotek Evo | WD Caviar Green 1TB 

Linus Tech Tips Fan!

Edit: I had to make another post because I didn't quote him and he isn't following the topic so he wouldn't have known I responded

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Hi.

I've decided to start learning c# for software development.

I am looking for a good resource, preferably a book, to help me do this.

I have very limited programming knowledge in a few languages (python, java, HTML, CSS).

However I would like to get as complete as an understanding as I can of c#.

I am willing to spend money on a book or an IDE if necessary.

Thanks for the help

Correct me if I'm wrong but HTML isn't a computer language

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

If I wanted to learn C# I'd start here: http://www.homeandlearn.co.uk/csharp/csharp.html
it's C# with   .net and visual studio.

I haven't followed the tutorial myself but I'm planning to, I have done the html, php and basic tutorial from those guys and I loved them.

Grammar nazis are people too!
Treat your local grammar nazi nicely and he might teach you a thing or two. (Note that I'm Belgian and not a native English speaker.)
Chivalry isn't dead!

Correct me if I'm wrong but HTML isn't a computer language

I don't know if it is, but you know what I mean.

FX 8350 | MSI 650ti BOOST | Gigabyte 970A-UD3P | Corsair CX 430

Diablotek Evo | WD Caviar Green 1TB 

Linus Tech Tips Fan!

Here a site I am sure almost everybody know, but once you have gotten used to C# some if this could be useful. There are very easy ASP.Net tutorials and such. Have a look.

http://www.w3schools.com/

The posts I make may contain my personal views, opinions that are based on my experience. You are allowed to disagree.

Documentation!!

Following tutorials you usually end up copying the examples, not actually learning. You go through it quickly and feel like you can do a lot, but really wont understand the core concepts enough to do something unique.

When you self learn just from the documentation, it goes by a lot slower, but in the end you will be a far better programmer.

Intel 4770k   -   Corsair Vengeance Pro CL9 16gb 1866mhz   -   Corsair Air 540   -   Gentle Typhoon AP45   -   Corsair ax1200i   -   Razer Death Adder 2013   -   Filco Majestouch 2   -   Crucial m4 256gb ssd   -   1TB Western Digital Black   -   Asus Maximus vi Formula   -   Bitspower matte black fittings   -   Black Ice sr1 240mm and 360mm Radiators   -   Swiftech mcp655   -   EK x-res pump top   -   Promochill Advanced lrt 3/8 5/8 bloodshed red tubing   -   swiftech apogee hd cpu block   -   Asus pb278q 1440p monitor   -   Razer Carcharas Headphones   -   Razer Vespula Hard Mouse Pad   -   Arctic Silver 5 TIM   -   Sapphire r9-290x   -   Ek-fc R9-290x Waterblock and Backplate

Best way to start would be to not learn it at all.

Learn C++

:)

Following tutorials you usually end up copying the examples, not actually learning. You go through it quickly and feel like you can do a lot, but really wont understand the core concepts enough to do something unique.

When you self learn just from the documentation, it goes by a lot slower, but in the end you will be a far better programmer.

Not entirely true about the copying the examples.

In programming there is a lot of that, copying code that have already been created. That's is how you learn actually, by tampering - examining how the code actually works and what each line does.  And it's how you apply it to your project will show how much you really learned.

Tampering also helps you to develop your own style of thinking and solving problems.

Also html is good language to get your feet wet, it's easy to learn. Though its not a programming language, its doesn't take much time to understand.

I dream of 0s and 1s folding to my every command,

algorithms seeping from the back of my head when I need them.

Not entirely true about the copying the examples.

In programming there is a lot of that, copying code that have already been created. That's is how you learn actually, by tampering - examining how the code actually works and what each line does.  And it's how you apply it to your project will show how much you really learned.

Tampering also helps you to develop your own style of thinking and solving problems.

Also html is good language to get your feet wet, it's easy to learn. Though its not a programming language, its doesn't take much time to understand.

Hmm, I guess everyone is different.

Intel 4770k   -   Corsair Vengeance Pro CL9 16gb 1866mhz   -   Corsair Air 540   -   Gentle Typhoon AP45   -   Corsair ax1200i   -   Razer Death Adder 2013   -   Filco Majestouch 2   -   Crucial m4 256gb ssd   -   1TB Western Digital Black   -   Asus Maximus vi Formula   -   Bitspower matte black fittings   -   Black Ice sr1 240mm and 360mm Radiators   -   Swiftech mcp655   -   EK x-res pump top   -   Promochill Advanced lrt 3/8 5/8 bloodshed red tubing   -   swiftech apogee hd cpu block   -   Asus pb278q 1440p monitor   -   Razer Carcharas Headphones   -   Razer Vespula Hard Mouse Pad   -   Arctic Silver 5 TIM   -   Sapphire r9-290x   -   Ek-fc R9-290x Waterblock and Backplate