Corsair K95 LED Issues, and Second Chances (UPDATE!)

Still trucking along and everything is fine. I'll probably make just one more update to this thread in a few weeks time with my conclusions.

Still trucking along and everything is fine. I'll probably make just one more update to this thread in a few weeks time with my conclusions.

Did you experience any software problems? Some people said that their PCs would take 5mins to start up because of the keyboard.

Telling bad jokes since 1996

Intel i5 3470/ Asus P8B75-V / 8GB 1333mhz cheap ass Kingston Ram  / XFX R9 390 / WD Caviar Blue 1TB / Crucial MX 100 256GB / Antec EA650W / Samsung SyncMaster P2370 / Steelseries Apex [RAW] / Logitech G400s / NZXT Phantom White / Moto G 2015 8GB

• 2 weeks later...

Did you experience any software problems? Some people said that their PCs would take 5mins to start up because of the keyboard.

No, the software hasn't cause any PC related issues, let alone start-up. I use an SSD for the OS so I would have noticed if it were slower. I wonder what could be causing that though.

• 4 weeks later...

I have problems with dead LEDs on the corsair keyboards. I'm now on my 4th keyboard and I start to see a pattern. The current one is a K95 (white light) and I love it. When it was about 8 months old I had all LEDs working but I thought to let the LEDs "rest" for a while and switch off all LEDs. When I switched them on again, one LED was dead. Now the keyboard is 11 months old and I had the LEDs switched off over the weekend (using the keyboard at work) and now when I switched them on again 15 (!) more LEDs had died. It puzzles me that the LEDs just keep on shining but then dies when they are switched off and turned on again. It is the way the LEDs break that seems strange. Anyone else who has noticed the same thing?

• 1 month later...

UPDATE!

The new K95 RGB I bought to replace the keyboard that's the topic of this thread has crapped out! I came home, turned on the PC, and the keyboard started flashing on and off, as if it's not getting consistent power. I also noticed all the colors were off, as if they had been reset. Once I was able to get in to Windows, I plugged the keyboard in and sure enough, it just cycles quickly through connecting/disconnecting from Windows, like it's being plugged/unplugged repeatedly. Although all of the LED's still work, so there's that.

It only lasted 4 months and I'm now RMA'ing it. This WILL be my last Corsair keyboard.

Is it possible it could be the USB ports?  I just got a new MSI motherboard and the only USB 3 port it would consistently work with is the one they dedicated for audio devices/dacs as it is rated specifically for consistent power to whatever is plugged into it.

UPDATE!

The new K95 RGB I bought to replace the keyboard that's the topic of this thread has crapped out! I came home, turned on the PC, and the keyboard started flashing on and off, as if it's not getting consistent power. I also noticed all the colors were off, as if they had been reset. Once I was able to get in to Windows, I plugged the keyboard in and sure enough, it just cycles quickly through connecting/disconnecting from Windows, like it's being plugged/unplugged repeatedly. Although all of the LED's still work, so there's that.

It only lasted 4 months and I'm now RMA'ing it. This WILL be my last Corsair keyboard.

What motherboard are you using. Also are you running it through a USB hub of any kind. Do you have the latest Chipset adn BIOS drivers and have you tried a different USB port. 

Check out my iCUE Guide Beta Tester for Corsair

Got a Corsair Product? Got a Question?

Feel Free to PM Me ?

Check out my iCUE Guide

What motherboard are you using. Also are you running it through a USB hub of any kind. Do you have the latest Chipset adn BIOS drivers and have you tried a different USB port. 

Corsair reps went through all of that with me: updated software and Bios for both motherboard and keyboard, switched USB ports (no, it's not a hub). It's going to be RMA'd in a few days when I get the shipping label. Also: one LED has burnt out, the blue LED on the X key.

I've had problems with my first RGB K95, keys were hard to press down and the LED's were displaying the wrong colors. 3 months after the purchase the thing just stopped working completely. I contacted Corsair and they offered to send me a new keyboard in exchange for my dead one and I accepted.