Linksys launched "premium antennas" that increase horizontal range

ahhming

i hope no one will fall for the applesque scam "premium antennas " my ass

just buy a 1 watt amp and a big antenna and your set

You know it's illegal to transmitt that ammount of power? Also you desturb a lot of other connections around you.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

just buy a 1 watt amp and a big antenna and your set

what now? 

You know it's illegal to transmitt that ammount of power? Also you desturb a lot of other connections around you.

to hell with everyone else, I want a nice strong signal. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

The 1 watt is including the antenna. If you take a high gain antenna and a an 1 watt amplifier, you get easely 5 watts in one direction.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

The 1 watt is including the antenna. If you take a high gain antenna and a an 1 watt amplifier, you get easely 5 watts in one direction.

website states that the FCC allows 4 watts with a high gain antenna

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

website states that the FCC allows 4 watts with a high gain antenna

I don't dare to sit next to an 4 watts @2.4 GHz device all day long.

Here in Switzerland the max allowed EIRP is 100 mW (20 dBm).

I don't dare to sit next to an 4 watts @2.4 GHz device all day long.

Here in Switzerlang the max allowed EIRP is 100 mW (20 dBm).

this explains  why my friend need to set his country to US to get better wireless range

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

this explains why my friend need to set his country to US to get better wireless range

"I have abolutely no idea why pressing this button helps, but it does so I don't care."

;)

Meh, Seems like some money grab to me.

Core i3-4150 | MSI B85I |EVGA GTX 750ti |Cooler Master Elite 110