Sprint drops its 600kbps data throttle on video streaming, but there's a catch

TopWargamer

See, exactly. Sprint's speeds are good enough for doing what you need to do, but they're nowhere near as fast as TMo, Verizon, and AT&T's networks.

Which is why they don't advertise speeds. Just the connection. Also I havent been hammered for using 100GB+ in a month when I last moved before the FIOS got hooked up so I am mighty happy with the service overall.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

I find this funny, seeing you talking about those speeds when I get max 20 Mbps on my provider. That's one of 2 providers that have invested in 4G, the second is T-Mobile, and the third provider invested $0 so it's quite sad. They still have 3G only.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I really really wish the T-mobile/Sprint mergers didn't keep getting crushed.

Seriously! I would LOVE to see Sprint and T-Mobile merge, so long as the right CEO (John Legere) leads the newly merged company. With their combined networks, they would provide a new network about as good as, if not better than Verizon and AT&T's networks. 

COMIC SANS

Seriously! I would LOVE to see Sprint and T-Mobile merge, so long as the right CEO (John Legere) leads the newly merged company. With their combined networks, they would provide a new network about as good as, if not better than Verizon and AT&T's networks. 

They tried to merge last year and got shot down by for it being "anti competitive" and I think this year they submitted a proposal for a joint network that got shot down for bending FCC rules about managing bands.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

They tried to merge last year and got shot down by for it being "anti competitive" and I think this year they submitted a proposal for a joint network that got shot down for bending FCC rules about managing bands.

Ya, I know.

:/ 

Darn you FCC!

COMIC SANS

If they cant afford it, then they should not advertise it either. Simple as that.

Yes, actual speeds if you use it when you dont use the internet. As soon as you try to use it when you actually want to be on the internet someone else will also want to watch cat gifs, meaning you dont get the advertised speed. (simplified this as much as i could, maybe you will get it now)

? but they advertise 4G LTE and they use 4G LTE. i dont see anything about speeds as it will vary from place to place. and people like me who get sprint know that sprint has the worst coverage and speeds so we know what we are getting into. and everybody throttles speed when the network is congested including verizon, t mobile, at&t etc. and no that does not break net neutrality rules because they throttle all content equally while when they only throttled video content thats breaking net neutrality 

Which is why they don't advertise speeds. Just the connection. Also I havent been hammered for using 100GB+ in a month when I last moved before the FIOS got hooked up so I am mighty happy with the service overall.

Also who uses more 10mbit/s on a mobile in normal in practical terms.

Mobile apps aren't that data intensive as a rule of thumb...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory