First time Build, (3000-4000) dollar budget

donbeeno

EDIT: Nvm: It looked like the keyboard was 400 for a second

Happy to help with any tech problems. Windows 10 installing guide here.
----i5 4570s----gigabyte z97x-sli----8gb ddr3----gigabyte g1 gaming 960----HAF 912----120gb ssd----1tb hdd----500w evga----

Be careful about the motherboard, you might need to get a Z97 one to get it working with Haswell Refresh, the Z87 might need a BIOS update (Though I think the more recently manufactured ones are already updated.) Better to be safe than sorry.

Quote me if you want me to see your message. Like my post if it helped. Click "Show More" to see things that I use.

Desktop (2014): CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k @ 3.50GHz | GPU: MSi GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Motherboard: MSi Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x4GB G.Skill RipJaws X 1600MHz + 2x4GB HyperX Black 1600MHz | SSD: Samsung 750 Evo 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212x | PSU: Corsair VS650 | Case: Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus | OS: Windows 10 Home

Laptop (2017): Model: Asus UX310U

Peripherals: Monitor: Samsung S24D300 OC@75Hz + Viewsonic XG2401 (144Hz) | Mouse: Logitech G305 | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2 | Headset: HyperX Cloud Core | Speakers: Logitech Z333 | Additional: Logitech G29

Mobiles: Samsung Pixon (2010-2012) | Samsung Galaxy Ace (2012-2013) | Samsung Galaxy S3 (2013-2016) | Samsung Note 4 (2015)(Lost) | Samsung Galaxy S7 (2016-2019) | Samsung Galaxy S10 (2019 - Current) | Additional: ASUS Zenwatch 2 (2016)

Just changed it to the 797 sabertooth mark 1

I'd get the nicer Wireless card for £25 from TP-Link, you'll find it on PCPartpicker

This seems like a very sensible build, although I don't understand why it says $3000-$4000 as this seems like it would be around $2000 USD or even less in pounds.

EDIT: and why a WIRED network adapter, do you need 3 LAN ports? I think the MARK 1 already has 2...

CPU:  Intel i7-4790K      Cooler:  Noctua NH-D14     GPU: ZOTAC GTX 1070 TI MINI     Motherboard:  ASUS Z97 Gryphon     RAM:  32GB G Skill Trident X     

Storage: 2x 512GB Samsung 850 EVO (RAID 0) / 2TB Seagate Barracuda     PSU: 850W EVGA SuperNova G2     Case: Fractal Design Node 804

Is there a reason you decided on the Fractal R4 over the R5? The only benefit I see in that is I personally like the window on the R4 more, but that aside the R5 pretty much does everything else better.

duc sequere aut de via decede

CPU: i7 6800K | Mobo: MSI X99 Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: SLI EVGA 980 Ti Hydro Copper | PSU: EVGA 1000P2 | Memory: 64 DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum | Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 & Samsung 850 Evo 1TB| Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 | Display: Predator X34 & Dell U2715H | Cooling: Custom Loop

Custom hard line watercooled Fractal Node 202 ITX build log

RAM speeds should not exceed 1600mhz any faster and it isn't worth it on an Intel CPU

Indus Monk = Indian+ Buddhist

For the monitor I'd say acer xb270hu if you really have that big budget

CPU: i7 3770K | MB: EVGA Z77 FTW | RAM: HyperX Savage 2400Mhz 16GB | GPU: R9 280X Toxic | Cooler: Scythe Fuma | PSU: CoolerMaster B600

SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB - Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB

no need networking card

If you want the benqxl2420z it's a freesync monitor, so you would need to get a fury x

Or you can go for the predator xb279hu for gsync

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.

RAM speeds should not exceed 1600mhz any faster and it isn't worth it on an Intel CPU

Faster Ram will work fine, and it is usually about the same price anyway.

You have a free sync monitor with a Nvidia card. If you want to take advantage of free sync you need an AMD graphics card. If you want to keep the Nvidia 980 Ti you need a G Sync monitor to get the most out of it.

Is there a reason you decided on the Fractal R4 over the R5? The only benefit I see in that is I personally like the window on the R4 more, but that aside the R5 pretty much does everything else better.

Just prefer the look, i don't think the R5 improves on THAT much.

just saying, most modern AMD GPU's can do freesync, not only the fury x

He wanted to get a 980ti,

the fury X is the closest card in terms of performance and price, coming in at about 100€ cheaper.

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.

You may have problems fitting the cpu cooler with such high profile ram

You may have problems fitting the cpu cooler with such high profile ram