What's your "go to" GPU?

So I was thinking, for many of you out there, GPUs are 75% of your build. And many of you I'm sure build for other people whether it be friends, family, or strangers. What do YOU prefer in terms of value, performance, quality, reliability, etc. I made a straw poll with the most renowned cards of this era, here. But I'd like for you all to post down below which card is your favorite/most reliable/best bang-for-your-buck/etc. of all eras. You can of course post those listed in the poll here and explain why also.

CPU: i5-4690K | Mobo: ASRock Z97 Extreme4 | Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 | Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury

DDR3-1866 4x4GB | Boot: Samsung 860 Evo 250GB | Storage: Seagate Barracuda Green 1.5TB | GPU: Asus GTX 970 Strix 2xSLI | PSU: Corsair CX750M | Case: Antec Nine Hundred

Lol, my Gpu is 25% of my build. Does it still count?

I dont prefer anything. You get a new gpu release every one year.

But right now I would recommend the 290x

P.s. Since when is the 390 a "renowned" card.

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

Depends on the price bracket. For me it would be APU, 270, 970, 980 Ti. 

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

So I was thinking, for many of you out there, GPUs are 75% of your build. And many of you I'm sure build for other people whether it be friends, family, or strangers. What do YOU prefer in terms of value, performance, quality, reliability, etc. I made a straw poll with the most renowned cards of this era, here. But I'd like for you all to post down below which card is your favorite/most reliable/best bang-for-your-buck/etc. of all eras. You can of course post those listed in the poll here and explain why also.

You are missing a lot of cards in your straw poll, and of course it depends on the budget of the person, as well as what they plan on doing with the pc.

If they want 1080, i recommend the 970, but if they want more, i recommend the 980 or ti version

Happy to help with any tech problems. Windows 10 installing guide here.
----i5 4570s----gigabyte z97x-sli----8gb ddr3----gigabyte g1 gaming 960----HAF 912----120gb ssd----1tb hdd----500w evga----

my gpus are 35-40% of the budget

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

intel integrated graphics is my backup gpu

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

Lol, my Gpu is 25% of my build. Does it still count?

I dont prefer anything. You get a new gpu release every one year.
But right now I would recommend the 290x

P.s. Since when is the 390 a "renowned" card.

These are the "big name/within grasp/newest" cards right now for most gamers. That's where I messed up putting "renowned". 75% of your build being that you spend the most money on it to get the best out of your budget. Of course anyone can post here, no hate. I'm just seeing what this community like and sparking up conversation.

You are missing a lot of cards in your straw poll, and of course it depends on the budget of the person, as well as what they plan on doing with the pc.

I think you are missing the point of my straw poll. Those listed there are the cards that I've heard mentioned more than any other, so I see them as the most common and therefore put them in there. But I mentioned in my OP that you can choose whatever card you want or see fit and post it below.

my gpus are 35-40% of the budget

Okay maybe 75% is a little much, but I know a lot of builders who will go balls to the wall for the GPU. Thanks for your input though:)

CPU: i5-4690K | Mobo: ASRock Z97 Extreme4 | Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 | Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury

DDR3-1866 4x4GB | Boot: Samsung 860 Evo 250GB | Storage: Seagate Barracuda Green 1.5TB | GPU: Asus GTX 970 Strix 2xSLI | PSU: Corsair CX750M | Case: Antec Nine Hundred

Whichever has  the best performance for my price point...

Could've gone 750Ti but it was more expensive by 1000PhP and slightly weaker (at least according to some becnchmarks that I compared) than a 650Ti (which I have used previously)...

So I went with a 260X... and no regrets there...

At the moment, my go to card would be another 770, cuz SLI ^_^
Recomendation wise, the 970 is a majority of my response when someone asks what card to get, sets the best balance between price, performance, and features over any other card out there.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

It all depends on what they want to do and how much money they have.

I'm not trying to find out what GPU I want to use or anything. I'm just asking, what is your favorite card, or what would YOU recommend to a friend building a pc (maybe even his first pc). I'm just trying to spark some conversation.

I like my 980, minus the terrible Oc quality.

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

I'm not trying to find out what GPU I want to use or anything. I'm just asking, what is your favorite card, or what would YOU recommend to a friend building a pc (maybe even his first pc). I'm just trying to spark some conversation.

Depends on if they want to game or not.

At the moment, my go to card would be another 770, cuz SLI ^_^
Recomendation wise, the 970 is a majority of my response when someone asks what card to get.

Excellent :) thanks for understanding the question. Ha. Mine is also the 970, its a great card for a good value. If they are on a tighter budget I might recommend the 750ti.. Not to keen on that one though. It's a decent card for light gaming, but its "power" runs out quite fast. Meaning, you can only do so much. 960 though would be a recommendation for a tight budget.

Depends on if they want to game or not.

What are GPUs mainly used for and marketed towards? Gaming.. I thought that might be a given..

Excellent :) thanks for understanding the question. Ha. Mine is also the 970, its a great card for a good value. If they are on a tighter budget I might recommend the 750ti.. Not to keen on that one though. It's a decent card for light gaming, but its "power" runs out quite fast. Meaning, you can only do so much. 960 though would be a recommendation for a tight budget.

Personally, 270X > 750ti because -

270X = 760

750ti = 260X

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Personally, 270X > 750ti because -

270X = 760

750ti = 260X

Ahh very nice point out there :)

Ahh very nice point out there :)

Theyre nearly the same price too, thats mainly why :P

270X still remains one of the best performance per dollar cards if youre buying new.

Quad sub-zero, liquid nitrogen cooled, overclocked Titan Xs

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

Theyre nearly the same price too, thats mainly why :P

270X still remains one of the best performance per dollar cards if youre buying new.

Im gonna have to keep that one in mind I usually go straight for NVidia because that's what ive always used, but they certainly have their less than good products. AMD does have those too, but they certainly are a good option to consider for someone on a budget!

Im gonna have to keep that one in mind I usually go straight for NVidia because that's what ive always used, but they certainly have their less than good products. AMD does have those too, but they certainly are a good option to consider for someone on a budget!

Basically :)

Sometimes I throw one in for multiple moniter support, or video decoding.

So what card would you recommend for those tasks? Would you run something in SLI/Crossfire, or would you put a two different cards in there, one for decoding/encoding, and one for gaming?

Quad sub-zero, liquid nitrogen cooled, overclocked Titan Xs

I like your style.

So what card would you recommend for those tasks? Would you run something in SLI/Crossfire, or would you put a two different cards in there, one for decoding/encoding, and one for gaming?

Anything I can find used for cheap that does the job, my dad runs dual moniters off a gtx 210, my sisters PC has a 8600 GTS for simple video decoding.

I generally have no bias when recommending graphic cards to other people, but enthusiast grade GPU's are not in a price range that most people feel comfortable with. If someone has a 60hz 1080p display, I'm not going to recommend a 970 or 390 - that's just insane. A 960 or 380 are generally at the high end for what most people are willing to spend, and will provide the best performance at the most common resolutions being use (900p-1080p). Those of us with QHD or UHD displays are the extreme minority and I would not just tell anyone and everyone to buy enthusiast grade GPU's. 

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR