Your opinion on the new Battlelog Features

Alterlai

Hello everyone,

Dice released a new trailer for their new battlelog implementation for Battlefield 4.

They're really focussing on other mobile computers you have around you, instead of the actual console/computer.

Here's the trailer: 

Now, in my opinion this is probably something I will never use.

I'm not going to log on to battlelog to change my loadout while i'm sitting in a bus.

Almost all the things they summarize, I will probably rather do in-game than on my tablet/mobile.

In my opinion they are overthinking the whole tablet experience. They just need to keep it simple.

Leave your thoughts on the trailer down below, I'm curious what you guys think about this.

Thanks.

CPU:

Intel Core i5 2500k - Motherboard: Asus maximus iv gene-z - RAM: 2x Corsair Vengeance Blue 4GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - GPU: ASUS GTX 770 DirectCU II
Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 II - Storage: Crucial M4 128GB, Seagate barracuda 3TB PSU: XFX 650W XXX Edition Modular PSU - Keyboard: Ducky Shine 2 Pro
Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 - Sound: Razer Characias

i think it looks coool! You'd be surprised on how many people think their gun combinations and shit when the game is new or they are really addicted to it.

Using a smartphone as a minimap? Thats awesome, prop it up close to the monitor and bam, im guessing this would also work with dual monitors, and have battlelog on the 2nd showing the minimap, BAM that would be fcking awesome.

I probably wont use some of the features but some are really good imo, its a nice change which only has positive things

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

i think it looks coool! You'd be surprised on how many people think their gun combinations and shit when the game is new or they are really addicted to it.

Using a smartphone as a minimap? Thats awesome, prop it up close to the monitor and bam, im guessing this would also work with dual monitors, and have battlelog on the 2nd showing the minimap, BAM that would be fcking awesome.

I probably wont use some of the features but some are really good imo, its a nice change which only has positive things

The dual monitor thing might be cool. But to look down at your table/bureau to look at your map might not be ideal. Also it will drain your mobile battery hardcore.

I'd much rather just look on my screen where it's supposed to be.

imo the mobile screen is also too small for these kinda things.

CPU:

Intel Core i5 2500k - Motherboard: Asus maximus iv gene-z - RAM: 2x Corsair Vengeance Blue 4GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - GPU: ASUS GTX 770 DirectCU II
Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 II - Storage: Crucial M4 128GB, Seagate barracuda 3TB PSU: XFX 650W XXX Edition Modular PSU - Keyboard: Ducky Shine 2 Pro

Some cool features, but I hope Battlelog is integrated in the game's client this time.

It has it's advantages.

If you're at a friends house who doesn't have battleifled installed, you can quickly check your stats (for whatever reason) without having battlefield 4 installed.

I agree with you on some aspects though. I'm not really a fan of having to close my client in order to join a new server.

CPU:

I think they should just flat out release all the weapon stats and spread patterns on battlelog

THEN I could have fun with all the new attachments on playing with loadouts on my way home

the Battlelog is just too sparse as-is for me to find anything worth doing other than finding a game. the weapon stats/spread are so easily found, it's not really worth hiding DICE

I will not spend more on cell phones or a tablet just to play BF4 and if I am locked out of some cool features well I just may decide to not buy BF4 at all.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I've always felt a need to choose my loadouts during long sessions on the toilet.

Thank U DICE!!!!

:rolleyes:

This puts a nice use for the iPad during gaming :D

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

Yeah it seems pretty cool, but what would be awesome would be if you could watch gameplay from your tablet as it was happening.

Battlelog and Steam: TheQuickRedFox

Is it cool? Yes

Is it overkill? Yes

It will be nice to put the game map up on a second monitor. All this nonsense about having to change loadouts on the app is dumb though. I swear to god if loadout changing can't be done in game during a game (actually connected to a server and playing) I'm going to shit a brick, drive across the atlantic ocean, and strangle the entire development team.

Go ahead NSA, put me on watch cause this threat is completely serious.

As long as you don't have to use a separate 32-bit web browser to launch the game then I'm ok with it.

~meOw! Σ:3

Is it cool? Yes

Is it overkill? Yes

It will be nice to put the game map up on a second monitor. All this nonsense about having to change loadouts on the app is dumb though. I swear to god if loadout changing can't be done in game during a game (actually connected to a server and playing) I'm going to shit a brick, drive across the atlantic ocean, and strangle the entire development team.

Go ahead NSA, put me on watch cause this threat is completely serious.

NSA has now put you under Surveillance. Good job.

CPU:

I really like it, the idea of using your tablet as a mini map is cool, I would put it next to my monitor so I have a large mini map, quite useful.

Galaxy: Intel i7 3770k @ 4.5Ghz (Cooled by a h105) - ASUS Sabertooth Z77 - Corsair Vengeance 8gb Ram - Nvidia GTX 780 2 way Sli - Corsair HX850i - Corsair C70

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Battlefield 4 Collectors Edition (TO BE REPLACED BY K65 RGB) - Logitech G502 - Hyperx Cloud

New features look cool, now if only they'd fix the party system on battle log or the lack there of, then id be happy.

As it stands, those feature while cool aren't going to improve the battlelog ''experience'' as it were.

I think that while some people will use the new features, most will just use battlelog as they always have - to join a server and nothing else. Some of the features are pretty nice though, like the challenges thing, but I would have preferred that they spent the money improving the core game and reducing bugs rather than hiring a whole load of new people to code a website. As long as the features of betterbattlelog are supported in BF4 (which they say it will on their site), I'm happy with it as it is.

HTTP/2 203

Nice ideas, but I really hope that they include battlelog in the game client instead of using the browser. But I wouldn't mind a website that you can go on to battlelog to check stats, loadouts, ect. And since I have a second monitor I would be inclined to use the website because I want too instead of being forced too.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

I think this all looks great!! Like many who responded I will probably only use the mini-map feature, but as long as this integration doesn't override the current setup I see nothing wrong with added features. As a PC gamer too this probably seems less useful, but think about how hard it is to create a class in COD or something with the 360 control, for console players I think a lot of these features will be really helpful.