Nice case advisement and build improvement

vivvek

So this is the build that I will be planning:

CPU:                Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler:    Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard   Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard

Memory:          Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk

Storage:          Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card:     EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card

Power Supply: NZXT HALE82 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply

Any Build improvements?

Also, I still need to find a good case that includes some fans in a price range of £0-150.

Thanks for reading...

*UPDATE*
SSD ADDED

Will use this build for 60% editing and 50% gaming

Changed PSU

Changed PSU

An SSD?

Possibly go to Haswell instead of ivy-bridge?

As for a case it depends on your style. IMO I'd get a Fractal Design R4 though for that size mobo.

3700x, Asus B450i, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB, Gigabyte GTX 970 ITXDan A4-SFX, SX600-G, 120mm AIO.

An SSD?

Possibly go to Haswell instead of ivy-bridge?

Any particular CPU model...

Get an SSD please. All your other good hardware deserves it.

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8

Could have put this into the planning section but okay. Like everyone said, get an SSD, Samsung 840 120GB should do just fine. And what do you prefer in a case, agressive or clean/neat?

Could have put this into the planning section but okay. Like everyone said, get an SSD, Samsung 840 120GB should do just fine. And what do you prefer in a case, agressive or clean/neat?

I prefer a clean/neat build...

Then the Fractal Design Define R4 would be good for you or if you want you can get a m-atx board and get a 350D. 

3700x, Asus B450i, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB, Gigabyte GTX 970 ITXDan A4-SFX, SX600-G, 120mm AIO.

I prefer a clean/neat build...

I myself am going for the Corsair 650D for a clean look, that might be something you would be interested to look at. 

I like corsair and cm storm cases.

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

Then the Fractal Design Define R4 would be good for you or if you want you can get a m-atx board and get a 350D. 

I myself am going for the Corsair 650D for a clean look, that might be something you would be interested to look at. 

Okay, thanks for your suggestions.

What CPU would you suggest?

Okay, thanks for your suggestions.

What CPU would you suggest?

There isn't really any major improvements with Haswell for desktops so if you want to save money go the ivy-bridge.

Everything in this build is in my personal "sweet spot" for gaming except for the 3770k. Get a 3570k unless you are video editing/recording.

Either get a 4670k or a 3570k if you aren't doing the video stuff. If you are, go for a 4770k or 3770k. I prefer Ivy myself as I've seen no legitimate reason to bother getting a next generation CPU because... they aren't all that different. At all. What is different doesn't matter enough to me as a gamer.

The RAM is good. Perfect for potential upgrades later.

The SSD is good (you put it in the Memory section btw, not the Storage section), though I would go with a Kingston HyperX 120GB myself. But that's because I love the look of that SSD line and it's cheaper.

The HDD is good. Plenty of storage.

The PSU is good. Will allow you to upgrade to SLI later if you want to and your motherboard handles it. Which I assume it will.

The GPU is good.

9/10 Would build.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I personally have the EVGA 750w PSU in my rig, its the loudest thing, I would get a better quality one from a more well known PSU brand such as Corsair.

I personally have the EVGA 750w PSU in my rig, its the loudest thing, I would get a better quality one from a more well known PSU brand such as Corsair.

Or NZXT. I own their PSU and it's pretty great. Quiet too.

I like NZXT and Kingston. I tend to take their products over other "popular" brands because I see no difference in performance and reliability and I like the way they look. They tend to be cheaper in my experience (mostly) too. 

That's just me though.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.