Use laptop drive to supplement Xbox One?

Long story short: I'm looking at an Xbox One and I plan on upgrading the 445 GB HDD in my laptop with an SSD when Windows 10 releases.

The 500 GB Xbox One is, of course, cheaper than the newly revealed 1 TB version so I wonder if I can format the laptop HDD and use it to supplement the 500 GB in the Xbox One for a total of just shy of 1 TB storage if I run out of space?

A few follow up questions:

- Will all games require installation to run on an Xbox One, or can games run from the disc?

- Will there be any difference between installing on and running games from the native Xbox drive versus an external drive such as my salvaged laptop drive?

- Is there any difference between the two Xbox One versions other than the amount of HDD storage?

- Just for fun: can you use an SSD with an Xbox One?

I am not quite sure if it is a SATA2 or a SATA3 drive, but I know my laptop supports SATA3.

Thanks!

well you would have 2 drives with 500GB if they even plug in, not even sure if you can do that, so the Xbox might give you an option on were to install or they would just fill upp the first drive and then the second drive, also why do you need 1TB of storage on your Xbox One...

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

well you would have 2 drives with 500GB if they even plug in, not even sure if you can do that, so the Xbox might give you an option on were to install or they would just fill upp the first drive and then the second drive, also why do you need 1TB of storage on your Xbox One...

I believe you can add external drives to the Xbone. A lot of people have complained the the native storage was only 500 GB, which is why Microsoft even released the 1 TB version. 500 GB should fill up in 10-12 full game installs, so unless you want to delete and re-install games, 1 TB could come in handy.  :)

I'm not even sure I need the 1 TB, but it would be nice to have the option now that I'm about to get a spare 445 GB HDD anyway.