Where to buy DRM free music

eshbop

Does anyone know where you can buy DRM free music, preferably available as .flac and doesn't require some junk software manager?

Cheers

Bandcamp is great (they even offer .flac :D) , I also use Beatport for more popular music (there is a .wav fee, then you have to use an external program to compress it to .flac) , but keep in mind, beatport is pretty much exclusively electronic music, so :( (it's also very pricey compared to bandcamp)

AmazonMP3 is DRM free.

But they are MP3 files, not FLAC. And people that care about that can tell the difference between the two.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

But they are MP3 files, not FLAC. And people that care about that can tell the difference between the two.

if you have a cheap ass soundcard and somewhat decent headphones you can tell the difference :P

But it's really hard to get FLAC/WAV files unless you want to pay an arm and a leg on Beatport.

I can tell the difference, but IMO for everyday listening 320kbps MP3s are just fine.  So my vote goes to Amazon.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

But it's really hard to get FLAC/WAV files unless you want to pay an arm and a leg on Beatport.

I can tell the difference, but IMO for everyday listening 320kbps MP3s are just fine.  So my vote goes to Amazon.

but that's the thing, amazon sells 256kbps music, and beatport sells 320kbps :I

Google Play is 320kbps with a 44kHz sample rate.

For OP, I just buy the CD's, rip them in FLAC and then sell them on musicmagpie or something...

The answer is 42.
Oh, wait, you mean to tell me you need to know the question now?
Well, I can't answer that.

but that's the thing, amazon sells 256kbps music, and beatport sells 320kbps :I

Ah.

I don't think it's that bad, though.  Better than spending 2+ bucks a song on Beatport.

EDIT: Wait, no, I just checked some of my Amazon music and they're definitely 320.

For OP, I just buy the CD's, rip them in FLAC and then sell them on musicmagpie or something...

I haven't looked at Play much; from what I've seen it's pretty expensive too.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

Ah.

I don't think it's that bad, though.  Better than spending 2+ bucks a song on Beatport.

that's why Bandcamp, although only on of the artists I listen to, Savant uses Bandcamp sadly

yeah, but again, not many artists even bother with CD's nowadays 

I haven't looked at Play much; from what I've seen it's pretty expensive too.

Its normally on par with iTunes and Amazon, at least in the UK anyway. 

yeah, but again, not many artists even bother with CD's nowadays 

Yeah, that's true, but for me, the music I listen to normally can be found on amazon to order in, most electronic music I just use iTunes as I was pretty much sucked into the Apple ecosystem  <_<.  I guess it's just down to taste and how far you would go for what you want..

The answer is 42.
Oh, wait, you mean to tell me you need to know the question now?
Well, I can't answer that.

Cheers guy, TBH i'm not too fussed over high bit rate MP3 so will look into all suggestions.