should i watercool my GPU?

Go to solution Solved by rafazafar,

If they really are the same price then go with the g10 aio combo, you can always use that somehwere else later on.
Also, its a hit and miss depending on the board design and chip lottery. I have had stock boards that OC both amazing and horrendously before.

The g1 should be designed for better power delivery and stability but... i have seen reviews that it doesnt overclock so well as well, but not many compared to the ones that do.

If they were both the same priice i think i would still go for the g1 unless you like the look of the aio+g10. :) then go for it! at this point its also a matter of taste as the speeds you will be getting are pretty close to each other.

ok what would you say is better there both the same price where i live, what would u get

a GTX 980ti reference card with nzxt kraken G10 watercoolers?

OR

a G1 GTX 980ti NON reference card with no watercoolers?

i wanna overclock my GPU's a pc builder there said he can overclock them and get them to run 20-40 the most at 55c with the nzxt G10 watercoolers so what should i go with?

keep in mind its SLI?

Custom loop!
I don't think the AIO coolers are that pretty, even though they are pretty effective.

Seeing that you got a pretty high-end system, i do suggest a custom loop instead.

You could also just buy some non reference cards with an open-air cooler. These will be fine, even in SLI.

When in doubt: C4

A air cooled card.

The G10's are a bit risky for very expensive cards.

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.

Custom loop!

I don't think the AIO coolers are that pretty, even though they are pretty effective.

Seeing that you got a pretty high-end system, i do suggest a custom loop instead.

You could also just buy some non reference cards with an open-air cooler. These will be fine, even in SLI.

open loop is way to expansive il just stick with G10 coolers i know there not pretty buy as long as they have it either in red or black then there fine and if they are effective i guess its worth it but can u go up 1400-1500mhz with both of the gpu's under 80c? 

The speed you can get depends on the chip.

If you buy a G10 you won't be limited by your temperatures, but the card's capabilities.

When in doubt: C4

If they really are the same price then go with the g10 aio combo, you can always use that somehwere else later on.
Also, its a hit and miss depending on the board design and chip lottery. I have had stock boards that OC both amazing and horrendously before.

The g1 should be designed for better power delivery and stability but... i have seen reviews that it doesnt overclock so well as well, but not many compared to the ones that do.

If they were both the same priice i think i would still go for the g1 unless you like the look of the aio+g10. :) then go for it! at this point its also a matter of taste as the speeds you will be getting are pretty close to each other.

ok what would you say is better there both the same price where i live, what would u get

a GTX 980ti reference card with nzxt kraken G10 watercoolers?

OR

a G1 GTX 980ti NON reference card with no watercoolers?

i wanna overclock my GPU's a pc builder there said he can overclock them and get them to run 20-40 the most at 55c with the nzxt G10 watercoolers so what should i go with?

keep in mind its SLI?

I would go with the non-reference card. Once watercooling has been applied, temperature is no longer the limiting factor. The design of the card is.

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/