what does gaming look like at 2560x1440?

Air tree

The image quality is just a lot clearer and colors seem more vibrant. 

As for people arguing about Korean vs. name brand, it's a stupid argument. People are buying these Korean monitors since they are half the price of name brand. People are buying Korean monitors because they are the only ones who have 120Hz 1440p monitors. 

If name brand companies sold 120Hz 1440p monitors people would probably buy those instead. However, seeing as nobody is selling them, there's only one option for people. 

Honestly, getting a 1440p monitor for $300 is a steal. I really don't care if it lasted a year or two because I could still go buy a brand new one and it would cost the same as buying or less then a name brand monitor. There's people out there who have had Korean monitors for over a year now and have had no issues. 

It's a gamble no matter what you buy. In my personal experience, most big name companies don't stand behind their warranty when something goes wrong. Sony and LG are pretty good about honoring their warranties since they send people out to you to fix or replace your product. I have dealt with other big companies that have not done the same. Instead they give you the run around, give you options which end up costing you quite a bit of money, or flat out won't do anything. I know Cooler Master is a horrible company to deal with just off the top of my head! Will never buy another one of their products. 

Lots of lag, low framerate..... but if you have enough GPU horsepower then it will look very high detail, curved lines will be curved even with no AA, Text etc will be smaller etc

Unfortunately 2560x1440 doesn't make AA unnecessary. I still notice jagged lines, it's actually driving me nuts while playing Dishonored at 1440p.

Having said that, there is a huge difference between 1080p and 1440p on 27" monitors. 1080p at that size is much more blurry and playing games without AA is MUCH worse. 

i5 3570K • 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP • 2x Asus GTX 670 SLI • Asus Sabertooth z77 • Asus PCE-AC66 • Crucial M4 256GB • Corsair AX 850 • Sound Blaster Xz • Fractal Define R4 • Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 • Dell U2713HM • Sennheiser RS 180 • Fanatec Porsche GT2 Wheel • Clubsport Pedals

with appropriate graphical hourse power to get good frame rates it feels like sex with foreskin. Be warned, you can never go back XD

For all the falsely accused: message me and we can decide how to right all the wrongs that happened to you!

I'm looking at the major corporations, the lying online communities, the government that protects us...

We are HUMANS, not robotic slaves! 

with appropriate graphical hourse power to get good frame rates it feels like sex with foreskin. Be warned, you can never go back XD

What?

Is sex with foreskin good?

It's noticeably better than 1080p depending on what monitor you get.  If it's a proper 1440p monitor made by a decent manufacturer and not a cheap Korean one then you'll definitely love it.  The 9970 should be more than capable of running games at 1440p, that'll be my next upgrade when it's released as well.  

The Korean monitors seem to be as nice as some of the more well known monitor producers IMO.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

I lol'd

What?

I presume so

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

I don't think it is about bragging rights. I am not against the Korean monitors, I am just aware that there is no such thing as a free lunch. If something is cheaper, it probably is for a reason. Further, they didn't offer me much of a cost savings to begin with. If you want a pixel perfect Korean monitor, it will cost you at least $330. If you want a 3 year warranty, that is another $50 at least. That's $390. If you want a nice stand (which I do), what another $60-100? so that is about $450-490. This does not cover any duties that I may have to pay getting it into Canada.  I bought my monitor from Dell (U2713HM), and it cost me $550. A whole $60-100 more than if I got it from a Korean reseller (with all the same warranties,guarantees,stand). And with Dell if anything goes wrong (ie dead pixel), they will let me keep using the monitor until my new one arrives. I would gladly pay an extra $60 for the hassle free aspect of the replacement policy alone, ignoring the fact that the Dell most likely has better construction and that you are dealing with a well established company, not an ebay reseller, who could disappear in a year ( or less ).

This is wrong on so many levels though. I got pixel perfect for 10 bucks more. 310. 3 Year Warranty for another 10. 320. No need for a new stand. Still 320. And the shipping was free. And with the Korean monitors, they also let me continue using it until the new one comes in.  

OP, 2560x1440p is amazing. Playing FC3 at 2.5k really enhances the experience. Hell, playing anything at this res enhances the experience.

The Arctic Demon:  i7 4770k | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F12s | (2) Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 Crossfire | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance RAM | Corsair AX 850 | Samsung 840 500 GB | Corsair Vengeance C70 Arctic White | NZXT Hue 

Peripherals: Logitech G600 gaming mouse | Cooler Master CM Storm Quickfire with Cherry MX Green Switches | QNIX QX2710 LED 2560x1440p PLS monitor | Logitech Rumblepad 2

From my experience, running a game b/w 1080p and 1440p is not that much of a difference. 

Some of the things that I notice is that when you play in 1080p with a 1440p monitor, it just looks much bigger.

Resolution is very nice to have though. Main reason I got it was to increase productivity for school, but gaming on it is also nice too as I'm not a hardcore gamer.

This is wrong on so many levels though. I got pixel perfect for 10 bucks more. 310. 3 Year Warranty for another 10. 320. No need for a new stand. Still 320. And the shipping was free. And with the Korean monitors, they also let me continue using it until the new one comes in.  

Could you link your reseller? I had looked at several resellers for Shimian,X-star,Qnix that all had very similar pricing, none of which were close to this pricing for a 3 year warranty and pixel perfect. Further, I didn't see anywhere advertised in their warranties that they ship you a replacement before you have to ship the faulty product back. You may not need a stand, but I do, as I was explaining why it wasn't a good deal for ME, not that it wasn't a good deal (see my post, I am explaining why it is not about "bragging rights").

| CPU: 2600K @ 4.5 GHz 1.325V | MB: ASUS P8Z68-V pro | GPU: EVGA GTX 480 clk 865/mem 2100 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600 MHz CL9 | HDD: Muskin Chronos Deluxe 240GB(win8) && ADATA SX900 120 GB(ubuntu 12.04) | PSU: Seasonic x760 |

What?

Much better than without...

For all the falsely accused: message me and we can decide how to right all the wrongs that happened to you!

I'm looking at the major corporations, the lying online communities, the government that protects us...

Could you link your reseller? I had looked at several resellers for Shimian,X-star,Qnix that all had very similar pricing, none of which were close to this pricing for a 3 year warranty and pixel perfect. Further, I didn't see anywhere advertised in their warranties that they ship you a replacement before you have to ship the faulty product back. You may not need a stand, but I do, as I was explaining why it wasn't a good deal for ME, not that it wasn't a good deal (see my post, I am explaining why it is not about "bragging rights").

Green-sum. Though I'm pretty sure he's out of the specific version I'm talking about. And there was the picture with text under the listed item explaining everything about the monitor. It seems now that they changed the warranty policy to $50, so I'll give you that. (Though I remember there being a monitor with 3 year warranty for 10 bucks more.)

The Arctic Demon:  i7 4770k | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F12s | (2) Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 Crossfire | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance RAM | Corsair AX 850 | Samsung 840 500 GB | Corsair Vengeance C70 Arctic White | NZXT Hue 

Peripherals: Logitech G600 gaming mouse | Cooler Master CM Storm Quickfire with Cherry MX Green Switches | QNIX QX2710 LED 2560x1440p PLS monitor | Logitech Rumblepad 2

The Korean monitors seem to be as nice as some of the more well known monitor producers IMO.

Definitely agree. I had a Apple Cinema Display for a little bit and I think the Yamakasi Catleap looks very comparable, even has less lightbleed. That's saying a lot since Apple makes some beautiful displays!

Much better than without...

Well I guess that's good to know lol. 

Green-sum. Though I'm pretty sure he's out of the specific version I'm talking about. And there was the picture with text under the listed item explaining everything about the monitor. It seems now that they changed the warranty policy to $50, so I'll give you that. (Though I remember there being a monitor with 3 year warranty for 10 bucks more.)

Bought mine from green-sum and they were a pleasure to deal with. Bigclothcraft on the other hand is rude and shady!

Well the title pretty much says it all but i was wondering what it looks like compared to 1080p, even though i have never had a 1080p monitor and i'm just jumping all the way up to 2560x1440 :P

I game one a Dell u3011 2560x1600p 10bit panel.  Response times are not these 1-2ms TNs and it can only go 60hz, but the 30 inches of glorious pixels over ride all of that.  BF3 and Crysis 3 look like I am playing a movie.  Only downside is, you really have to shell out top dollar to keep up with the ultra settings at this resolution. I have a GTX680 DCUII and I am always ware of where my card is lacking (damn VRAM)

I wouldn't know being american and all *grumble*

I wouldn't know being american and all *grumble*

just restore

just restore

it doesn't restore the lost nerve ending's sadly, it only restores the skin. (still a good thing nonetheless.) P.s this is really off topic.

I'm using the PB278Q and man is it awesome!

I went from a 23,6" 1080p to 27" 1440p and you can really see the difference. I tried gaming on my friends pc at 24" 1080p after using my new monitor for a while, and i was shocked. At 1080p it looked so pixelated compared to 1440p. So yeah, Huuuuge difference! I'm running it with a GTX 680 2GB, No problems. I can still play same games on almost max graphics. Difference in frame rates is about 10-20 fps compared to 1080p in my experience. Hope it helps.

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black