Best Designed GTX 760 2GB

TheProfosist

Im looking for the best option for a GTX 760. I havnt found any single place that compares any of them directly. I dont really care about the heatsink all that much unless their the same in every way except that (example: the 2 gigabyte vesions). Im looking for the one thats designed the best electrically (VRM, etc). If none of them are better in any way really than a reference design ill pick up one of those from EVGA with the blower cooler as i prefer them substantially. 

Please back up your suggestion with some reasoning or even better a link to and example of what your talking about and thanks in advance for you help with this. I dont have the time to hunt down good reviews for each of these and am banking on that some of you already know about what I am looking for.

Links to Cards:

EVGA 02G-P4-2761-KR (Stock Reference Design) - http://goo.gl/5csBpi

ASUS GTX760-DC2OC-2GD5 (Direct CU 2 OC) - http://goo.gl/hXgprm

GIGABYTE GV-N760OC-2GD (Windforce 3X OC) - http://goo.gl/DqIlN9

GIGABYTE GV-N760OC-2GD (Windforce 3X Rev 2.0 OC) - http://goo.gl/X1afWQ

MSI Gaming N760 TF 2GD5/OC (Twin Frozer 4 OC) - http://goo.gl/S67nQo

Watching the Newegg Video on the GIGABYTE GV-N760OC-2GD (Windforce 3X OC) and it was noted that is uses the reference design for the PCB. To me though they all look quite different from each other at least on the backside when looking at the pics on newegg.

Watching the Newegg Video on the GIGABYTE GV-N760OC-2GD (Windforce 3X OC) and it was noted that is uses the reference design for the PCB. To me though they all look quite different from each other at least on the backside when looking at the pics on newegg.

Another update the MSI Gaming N760 TF 2GD5/OC (Twin Frozer 4 OC) is using a custom PCB. This was also from a newegg video.

Pardon me! MSI it is!

http://us.hardware.info/reviews/4608/9/geforce-gtx-760-round-up-asus-vs-msi-vs-evga-vs-inno-3d-conclusion

The EVGA is stock so that's not good , the gigabyte ones are ugly as hell and they are quiet loud from what i heard.

Thanks for that link ill have to take a look at the review hopefully it has some good info on the design of each card and not just how well they OC.

The Gigabyte 7950 with the windforce cooler is probly the best 760 on the market right now.

Huh? I mean I think I know where your trying to go with that but thats 0 help.

Have you considered getting a 7950 instead? It can be found at a similar price and outperforms the 760 quite a bit. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I like the Gigabyte witht he Rev2.0 but if you're doing a red build then the MSI is pretty sharp too.

-Corsair 750D - MSI Mpower Z77 - 3570k @ 4.21 -Corsair H60- 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz- Corsair RM850 - MSI 780 Lightning -256GB SSD- 2 1TB HDDs - LG 23' Flatron - Razer Death Adder - Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue - Logitech z506 5.1-

Project - Bloody Lightning

I'm just stirring shit :)

But if you are dead set on a 760 then the gigabyte cooler is pretty awesome on all the cards they do :)

Have you considered getting a 7950 instead? It can be found at a similar price and outperforms the 760 quite a bit. 

No I have not considered AMD as I use many features that are specifically on or are better on Nvidia cards and am willing to take a performance hit in gaming to get those features for other things.

I like the Gigabyte witht he Rev2.0 but if you're doing a red build then the MSI is pretty sharp too.

After reading the review @SSOB posted and watching the Newegg Video's for the other cards the MSI is on top and its only contender is the Rev2.0 Gigabyte but I cant find a good in depth review for it.

Seen good write ups on both MSI and ASUS. They would be my recomendations on the choice above. What about the EVGA ACX?

Another recomendation is to go with a Radeon 7950. Thats if your are prepeared to change. It outperforms the 760 and comes with free games. Also, most future games are "supposed" to be optimised for AMD. Best of both worlds.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 | CPU Cooler: Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk | GPU: MSI TF3 7970 BE | Motherboard: M5A99FX-Pro-Rev 2.0 | RAM: Corsair Vengence LP 8GB (2x4) | PSU: Xigmatek Vector G 750W 80+ GOLD | Case: Thermaltake A71 | Storage: Seagate 1TB + WD 650GB

No I have not considered AMD as I use many features that are specifically on or are better on Nvidia cards and am willing to take a performance hit in gaming to get those features for other things.

After reading the review @SSOB posted and watching the Newegg Video's for the other cards the MSI is on top and its only contender is the Rev2.0 Gigabyte but I cant find a good in depth review for it.

I have the asus directcu 2 and i got to admit i think it is amazing i have it overclocked to 1237mhz and 6108 mem clock and the max temp i see it getting is maybe 67 c but i don't have any experience with the other cards so i dont know

What kind of features are you talking about?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Dam I want that inno3d ichill version. I think that one looks pretty badass and is the coolest of the bunch.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

Seen good write ups on both MSI and ASUS. They would be my recomendations on the choice above. What about the EVGA ACX?

Another recomendation is to go with a Radeon 7950. Thats if your are prepeared to change. It outperforms the 760 and comes with free games. Also, most future games are "supposed" to be optimised for AMD. Best of both worlds.

The MSI seems to have the most improvements in the PCB design. The EVGA ACX unless you get the FTW is just a reference PCB design. Also I personally find the optimized for AMD (or Nvidia) to be BS as after an update or two their usually on even playing field. Sometimes g a propitiatory technology is incorporated but that usually makes the look better not run better (if that).

I have the asus directcu 2 and i got to admit i think it is amazing i have it overclocked to 1237mhz and 6108 mem clock and the max temp i see it getting is maybe 67 c but i don't have any experience with the other cards so i dont know

the only reason im staying away from the ASUS is their using standard power regulation, the shorter reference size PCB, and it only has only the one power port.

What kind of features are you talking about?

Cuda, on board harware decoders/encoders, and a on board hardware deinterlacer to name a few.

Dam I want that inno3d ichill version. I think that one looks pretty badass and is the coolest of the bunch.

yea its the best of the bunch but takes of 3 slots and most importantly is unavailable in the US as far as I can tell.

If you are not for a 7950. My Recomendation is the MSI.

Im not trying to come accross as a AMD fan boy with the whole, AMD optimisation thing. Im a performance guy, and was just making a performance suggestion.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 | CPU Cooler: Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk | GPU: MSI TF3 7970 BE | Motherboard: M5A99FX-Pro-Rev 2.0 | RAM: Corsair Vengence LP 8GB (2x4) | PSU: Xigmatek Vector G 750W 80+ GOLD | Case: Thermaltake A71 | Storage: Seagate 1TB + WD 650GB

If you are not for a 7950. My Recomendation is the MSI.

Im not trying to come accross as a AMD fan boy with the whole, AMD optimisation thing. Im a performance guy, and was just making a performance suggestion.

Yes i know but im not just concerned about gaming performance in most cases.

Yes i know but im not just concerned about gaming performance in most cases.

Understood