2 kits with 4 sticks each are the same as one 8 sticks kit?

Hi there!

There is 4 and 8 DDR4 RAM kits.. If I want  memory to work in Quad-channel mode - I have to buy a kit with 4 RAM sticks to be sure that they gonna work perfectly fine in quad-channel. But what about kits with 8 sticks? Current gen RAM and CPU supports only quad-channel memory. So, if I have motherboard with 8 dimm slots and I buy 4 sticks kit and put them into 1,3,7,5 DIMM slots and then buy another 4 sticks kit - put them into 2,4,6,8 slots - they gonna work as good as if I get 8 sticks kit? Or when all 8 DIMM slots are used they start to work differently (not 1,3,7,5 (I) and 2,4,6,8 (II))?

Thank you! =)

just buy 2 kits of 4 stick and put them 12345678 or if u want 4 than put them 1357 if u want 1 kit of 8 stick get 64gb of ram(8x8gb)

They will work at Quad-Channel if they're the same models (Same speed and latencies). If not, you will be at single channel mode.

AMD 860K @ 4.3GHz ; Kingston HyperX Fury 2400MHz ; Asus A88XM-Plus ; Sapphire R9 270X 2GB ; 600W Tacens Radix VII AG 80+Silver  ; Cooler Master TX3 Evo

They will work at Quad-Channel if they're the same models (Same speed and latencies). If not, you will be at single channel mode.

Yea, but the 2 kits have to be the same model, not a Kingston kit and a gskill kit. They must be the same brand and model.

AMD 860K @ 4.3GHz ; Kingston HyperX Fury 2400MHz ; Asus A88XM-Plus ; Sapphire R9 270X 2GB ; 600W Tacens Radix VII AG 80+Silver  ; Cooler Master TX3 Evo

Yea, but the 2 kits have to be the same model, not a Kingston kit and a gskill kit. They must be the same brand and model.

I get it. So, two quad-channel RAM kits in (1,3,5,7) and (2,4,6,8) DIMM slots are going to work exactly the way that 8 sticks kit would? Are you sure?

they don't really need to be the same model and brand, they only need to have the same timings and speed, but in theory you could always turn one set down to match a lower tier one.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

they don't really need to be the same model and brand, they only need to have the same timings and speed, but in theory you could always turn one set down to match a lower tier one.

Yes, but there is always some latency variations that fucks up the dual/triple/quad channel, so it's better to buy the same model

Yes, but there is always some latency variations that fucks up the dual/triple/quad channel, so it's better to buy the same model

Aye. In theory I say.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS