whole lot of PC troubles/ possibly dead mobo

OK so if you go on my profile you can see the lists of computer problems I have been having, so I took my PC to a repair shop so they could tell me what is wrong. Ok so my graphics card is bad and causes my PC to randomly shut down when the card is in the computer. They also told me that my SDD and SSHD were bad, but I don't believe that because 1. they tried to tell me I had a 500gb ssd when I actually have a 120gb ssd, and 2, everytime my PC did start up before I took it to the shop I booted into windows and had all of my files. Anyway here is where it gets bad. so I picked up my PC from the shop yesterday and took out my Graphics card and then plugged in my monitor, keyboard, and mouse. Nothing happens. the keyboard doesn't light up not display to the monitor nothing happens, but my PC is clearly on. Then I noticed that 3 of my fan slots on the motherboard were not working. Do I have a dead mother board? I don't want to take my PC back to the shop because I don't trust them, also if my motherboard is dead why didn't they see that? Did they screw me over just to get more money? anyway I asking please help me I don't have much money any more and I want to know what is wrong so I can fix it.

PC is alive again! :System: CPU:Intel i5 4960k/ Motherboard:ASUS Gryphon Z97/ RAM: Kingston 16GB/ GPU: ASUS R9 Fury X/ Storage: 120gb Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate SSHD/ PSU: Cooler Master 700w/ Displays: 1 Acer B276HK ymjdprz 27-inch 4K Ultra HD/1 ASUS 21.5 LCD LED 21.5 monitor

OK so if you go on my profile you can see the lists of computer problems I have been having, so I took my PC to a repair shop so they could tell me what is wrong. Ok so my graphics card is bad and causes my PC to randomly shut down when the card is in the computer. They also told me that my SDD and SSHD were bad, but I don't believe that because 1. they tried to tell me I had a 500gb ssd when I actually have a 120gb ssd, and 2, everytime my PC did start up before I took it to the shop I booted into windows and had all of my files. Anyway here is where it gets bad. so I picked up my PC from the shop yesterday and took out my Graphics card and then plugged in my monitor, keyboard, and mouse. Nothing happens. the keyboard doesn't light up not display to the monitor nothing happens, but my PC is clearly on. Then I noticed that 3 of my fan slots on the motherboard were not working. Do I have a dead mother board? I don't want to take my PC back to the shop because I don't trust them, also if my motherboard is dead why didn't they see that? Did they screw me over just to get more money? anyway I asking please help me I don't have much money any more and I want to know what is wrong so I can fix it.

Yeah, i think that motherboard must have a Bad PCI slot or something.

500 Posts achieved 29/4/16 9:13PM

i7 980x Power! BeamnDrivionothbesgameComicSans

“I was the rebellious one.” - Maxene Andrews

Damn that's a nice hair flick 1981 Simon LeBon!

"Nothing gets you going like a juicy pussy!" - ashens

"what sorry blender isn't that what you make smoothe?" - pathole

"Yeah, well i'm a member of the waffen ss who lives with hitler in the bunker And i like modern music!" - Hans krebs loves fish

"We won world war 2 for a reason" - ironic shitposting is still shitposting

"Fight shooting game with pretty girls" - megami strike 1943

"You've got wood in an evo" - moog

"oxygofishafacematerialsotosis" - linus

"Vehicle stimulator" - crappy russian mod site

"The power table" - Nerdcubed

"Nuclear spaghetti" - ashens

FRANKIE SAYS RELAX!!!!

Shops tend to screw you over, yes.

A freeze can very well be caused by the motherboard, but the power supply can cause them too.

Removing you graphics card is of course not a "solution", you can sue them.

Yeah, i think that motherboard must have a Bad PCI slot or something.

But if it had a bad pcie slot wouldn't it still boot with my CPU integrated graphics?

PC is alive again! :System: CPU:Intel i5 4960k/ Motherboard:ASUS Gryphon Z97/ RAM: Kingston 16GB/ GPU: ASUS R9 Fury X/ Storage: 120gb Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate SSHD/ PSU: Cooler Master 700w/ Displays: 1 Acer B276HK ymjdprz 27-inch 4K Ultra HD/1 ASUS 21.5 LCD LED 21.5 monitor

Shops tend to screw you over, yes.

A freeze can very well be caused by the motherboard, but the power supply can cause them too.

Removing you graphics card is of course not a "solution", you can sue them.

Yes I'm thinking about taking some legal action, because for them to just check if my motherboard is dead will cost me another $50 bucks even though I literally just picked up my PC yesterday and they gave me a wrong diagnostic 

Your PSU is either now being powered by a half dead hamster or your mobo is dead.

What I sometimes do when I don't have replacement/test parts is find someone with the parts I need and ask them to let me test the parts I have and narrow down the possible points of failure. Admittedly, alot will say no since they don't want to "risk their PC" (and that is why I tend to have cheapo spares stacked up in my closet)

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

Your PSU is either now being powered by a half dead hamster or your mobo is dead.

What I sometimes do when I don't have replacement/test parts is find someone with the parts I need and ask them to let me test the parts I have and narrow down the possible points of failure. Admittedly, alot will say no since they don't want to "risk their PC" (and that is why I tend to have cheapo spares stacked up in my closet)

I wish I did :(

Yes I'm thinking about taking some legal action, because for them to just check if my motherboard is dead will cost me another $50 bucks even though I literally just picked up my PC yesterday and they gave me a wrong diagnostic 

Go back, say they didn't fix it. If they won't fix it for free now, sue the fuckers not nice people.

Go back, say they didn't fix it. If they won't fix it for free now, sue the fuckers not nice people.

Yes I'm really mad about this, I'm going to try and see if they can look at it again for free, and if not I'm getting my lawyer