Time Warner Cable Throttles Websites...

MastuhWaffles

So my internet was recently switched over to TWC. And I haven't had many issues with it until now.

I've determined that they throttle websites, like Youtube.

I did a test to see if it was possibly my computer or youtube or whatever, first off youtube will not load and google is slow. But any other website I go to is instantly loaded, ether  it's yahoo, this site, or any other place. I got on my phone, and went to youtube on 4G data, boom it loaded instantly. I switched to wifi, and I had the same issue, I couldn't get youtube to load.

It must be TWC doing stuff with my internet or I don't know what else is causing it.

TWC is just terrible. I have had two providers before them and never experienced as many problems as I do now. They probably do throttle but your issue could be something else entirely, maybe a setting on your modem?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I don't think so, I haven't changed any settings And earlier today I was watching 1080p 60fps videos with no problem.

What happened to net neutrality? 

Have you tried calling them? See what bs they have to say on the matter?

I don't know, not that TWC/Comcast would care anyways.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Have you tried calling them? See what bs they have to say on the matter?

I don't know, not that TWC/Comcast would care anyways.

Well it's almost 2am so that's a bit out of the question. But I was literally watching 1080p videos and boop, it stopped loading youtube. And youtube was still working fine since it loaded perfectly on 4G data. I suppose I could give them a ring tomorrow and see what they say. Also the 50mbps internet is more like 34.

What happened to net neutrality? 

It has become the mortal enemy of ISPs. The way these things go, it won't ever be enforced, just tossed aside in Com-Warner-At&-Verizon's quest to sate their unquenchable thirst for profit.

When your dream for freedom of information on the internet is shattered and you, forsaken and hopeless, come to me in the deepest darkest corners of Reddit, I shall say "I told you so."

I don't do signatures.

Well it's almost 2am so that's a bit out of the question. But I was literally watching 1080p videos and boop, it stopped loading youtube. And youtube was still working fine since it loaded perfectly on 4G data. I suppose I could give them a ring tomorrow and see what they say. Also the 50mbps internet is more like 34.

I'm hoping they fix it but that hope hasn't ever been profitable when it comes to TWC so....good luck. :(

I'm hoping they fix it but that hope hasn't ever been profitable when it comes to TWC so....good luck. :(

+1

The Y.E.T.I. is in progress?Whaaat? (modding aproach&build log)->http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/355618-project-yeti-first-build/

[READ THE COC BEFORE POSTING][Check twice cut once][NZXT rules:D][Dremel is Love Dremel is Life][COOKIES ARE GREAT][LOGIC]

I have TWC 300mbps service, haven't had any issues all my Youtube videos play at the highest resolution available. 

I have TWC 300mbps service, haven't had any issues all my Youtube videos play at the highest resolution available. 

I'm sure if you pay for the much higher speeds you get better service, but at the lower end of the spectrum they can do what they want with your speeds.