Packard Bell Restoration.

beach_boy98

This is my first build log so any constructive criticism is welcome.

After years of living with this PC it went into the loft and I only got it back about 2 years ago. I loved this pc and it was how i learn many of the fundamentals of PCs that I still use today. When i was young i wrecked this Pc with hot-glue on the power supply as well as trying to turn ot on with no heat-sink that killed that CPU. I regret the choices I made so I recently acquired a new P4 pc and I hope to use it to rebuilt the original monster. The condition the Pc was left in:#

gBGDyqJ.jpg

Donor rig: c8hxwOd.jpg

(sorry for bad pictures)

Beach :)

what prosesor is there in that PC, i have a bunch of pentium 4's i can send you one if you pay for shipping

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

what prosesor is there in that PC, i have a bunch of pentium 4's i can send you one if you pay for shipping

The 2.93 ghz model but i believe i already have a Another CPU but thanks for the offer.

The 2.93 ghz model but i believe i already have a Another CPU but thanks for the offer.

well just PM me if you need one, i also have a bunch of ddr2 ram

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

well just PM me if you need one, i also have a bunch of ddr2 ram

My boards DDR lol

My boards DDR lol

lol i think i yhave some of that too 

xD

Builds:

Spoiler

lol i think i yhave some of that too 

xD

Theres 4gb in the Donor Pc.

Theres 4gb in the Donor Pc.

well you wont be needing my sticks of 512mb then :)

Builds:

Spoiler

Welp the Pentium on the donor PC has the pins on the Cpu not the socket. I have my eye on one on Ebay but if i don't win it may go pear-shaped. @bananasplit-00 @Aytex