Need help - O2+ODAC almost silent at max volume

Worldinc

Hi everyone,

I just finished building my O2+ODAC unit. All the tests turn out good, all voltages read as expected. My first test was to test out the O2 itself using the audio-in jack. This test was perfect, max volume is way too loud for my ears, sound is clear, no hiss or anything like that. My next test was to test the ODAC on my PC. Running Win 8.1 x64, the ODAC is seen as soon as I plug it in. When I played something, I couldn't hear anything. Until I realized that if I maxed out the volume, I could hear the music at whisper-quiet volume. Nothing is wrong with the sound besides volume.

What could have gone wrong during my build that could cause this?

Thanks

If you're only running the ODAC, it's because it needs the amp portion to provide power to the headphones.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I'm having the exact same problem.

I connected my odac to my o2 amp and on max volume with gain, it's whisper quiet. (Using DT 770 Pro 80ohm).

Did you fix this problem?

Did you guys check the Windows volume settings ? The ODAC should be detected as a separate soundcard than your onboard and might have a different volume associated with it.

Did you guys check the Windows volume settings ? The ODAC should be detected as a separate soundcard than your onboard and might have a different volume associated with it.

Windows volume is on max, and I changed the default playback device to the odac