3D printing at home could have health risks, says study

Cy-Fy

I don't see why they think 3D printers would emit ultra-fine particles. Powder 3D printers maybe, but not the kind I have at school and people have at home. They just melt plastic and direct it into the right place. I have no idea where these particles are supposed to come from. There's nothing grinding the dry plastic.

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

I don't see why they think 3D printers would emit ultra-fine particles. Powder 3D printers maybe, but not the kind I have at school and people have at home. They just melt plastic and direct it into the right place. I have no idea where these particles are supposed to come from. There's nothing grinding the dry plastic.

That is true, and I am not an expert in the matter but something to have in mind is that some materials produces fine particles in the form of gas when the material melts, thanks for the quick response..

Dell XPS 15 9560 - Nikon Z5 - Galaxy S10+

Soldering for example is similar.

Still better to put it next to windows with ventilation fan. =)

My Rigs (past and present)

That is true, and I am not an expert in the matter but something to have in mind is that some materials produces fine particles in the form of gas when the material melts, thanks for the quick response..

Aha! I was not aware of this. I made a memory stick case on the school's printer a while back and had to file a ton of it down. Now I'm thinking that might not have been such a good idea :P

Aha! I was not aware of this. I made a memory stick case on the school's printer a while back and had to file a ton of it down. Now I'm thinking that might not have been such a good idea :P

hahahaha lmao ;)

Soldering for example is similar.

Still better to put it next to windows with ventilation fan. =)

Yes that is true....

oh btw what school is that man,,, the most I can hope for in my school is a super advanced ( ;) ) black & white printer ^^

oh btw what school is that man,,, the most I can hope for in my school is a super advanced ( ;) ) black & white printer ^^

King's School Canterbury in the UK. Our DT dept. budget is the biggest budget in the school :P

King's School Canterbury in the UK. Our DT dept. budget is the biggest budget in the school :P

whaaaaa... so lucky bro..  :D

whaaaaa... so lucky bro..  :D

It is a really shitty 3D printer though. If you're printing small stuff it just doesn't work :P

tis this: 1004013-bfb3000-g03.jpg

It is a really shitty 3D printer though. If you're printing small stuff it just doesn't work :P

tis this: 1004013-bfb3000-g03.jpg

still awesome..

Melting plastic is toxic.

Prepare for battle in BATTLEFIELD 4! All New Dog tags JUST LIKE THIS:

Melting plastic is toxic.

yeah true..

Laser printers are the same, they also emit tiny particles from the ink that can be dangerous to your respiratory system when breathed in.