Pleasure From Things Going Poorly- A Luke Story

joe.blair

I love everyone involved with LMG, so that's a pretty good preface to this decidedly pointed comment.

I see a lot of myself in Luke, which may be why I feel the need to make this observation. He seems to enjoy being right at the expense of others being wrong. This is a larger problem with our planet, but I've decided to put him on trial here. If one person is able to glean a more positive world view because of our eviscerating Luke for his misguided enthusiasm, it will be worthwhile. Also, remember, much love.

Maybe a nice challenge for Mr Luke would be to try and shy away from scathing sarcastic glares and pandering. Not to do away with these entirely, but try and take a page from Linus' book where he's more going for a mass appeal. You're alienating yourself when you arrogantly dismiss i-Phones.

I'll admit this is a bit of a vent session, and nobody can argue like family, but am I the only one who feels this way? I want to host a "douche-intervention", not that he's a douche ;-) We could even make it fun, like giving him a good public shaming which could double as promotion for LMG! I want the best for our friend Luke.

Luke, taking this course will only make you funnier, more sharp and like I mentioned before give you more likability in general. I thought our Canadian neighbors were meant to be our more polite counterparts. Much love, keep on keepin' on, but don't become jaded and callous too early in your life, save some for the next decade B-)

I have never noticed Luke being a douche or even douchlike.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Aww, ok. I figured it may be too radioactive to bring up. I've been trying to reconcile it in my own mind, and tried to make it a little funny. I know he's not a douche, which I explicitly made clear.

I just see a nasty trend with these people I respect, where an elitism is espoused. I don't think this is an issue with just Luke as an individual, but he's a person in my life who can serve as a platform for this conversation. My approach would be increased humbleness, and empathy.

I dont know what you are trying to get across here 

britney-confused-gif.gif

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

He's special, m'kay?

So are we :-) Never settle!!

I have no idea what you're talking about =\

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

@joe.blair Radioactive no, just no-one has noticed what you are talking about..

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"