Best headphones under 100CAD

nsyedhasan

I need on or over ear headphones for under 100CAD. Must had a detachable cable, good build quality, and be comfortable. I usually listen to dub-step and things like that. I am not going to be using a sound-card or any type of amp.I like the SRH440. Are there any other headphones that are recommended?

Quote me to get a reply!

I don't think any headphones at any price point could make dubstep sound good :P

Nah just kidding mate, each to their own. But perhaps have a look into the Razer headphones? They are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head with a detachable cable and are apparently alright for the price :)

I'm not looking for something with a mic because I am going to invest in a desktop mic.

Quote me to get a reply!

Monoprice 108323 is the only pair I've seen under $100USD so far that has a removable cable and that I have heard great things about. Assuming Amazon Canada sells this, the 108323 is within your budget.

Install Gentoo GNU/Linux | "You have been placed on moderator queue. This means that all content you submit will need to be approved by a moderator before it will be shown." | top LEL

Build specs: Corsair 540, i7 2600K @ 4.2Ghz, Asrock z77 extreme4, 16gb DDR3 @1866, 2 x 1TB, GTX 560 ti
Monitors: Asus VG236H, Dell U2713HM Headphones: Koss PortaPro, DT 770 80ohm, AT-AD700 | Steam profile

Monoprice 108323 is the only pair I've seen under $100USD so far that has a removable cable and that I have heard great things about. Assuming Amazon Canada sells this, the 108323 is within your budget.

Are the SRH440s not good? Because people have recommended them to me

Quote me to get a reply!

Are the SRH440s not good? Because people have recommended them to me

Haven't heard a lot but I have heard good reviews on these as well. I just didn't know the cable was removable. I honestly want to know why a detachable cable is a #1 requirement for your headphones because that severely limits you. Sure it is a nice feature but that should not be top priority in my opinion.

Install Gentoo GNU/Linux | "You have been placed on moderator queue. This means that all content you submit will need to be approved by a moderator before it will be shown." | top LEL

Build specs: Corsair 540, i7 2600K @ 4.2Ghz, Asrock z77 extreme4, 16gb DDR3 @1866, 2 x 1TB, GTX 560 ti
Monitors: Asus VG236H, Dell U2713HM Headphones: Koss PortaPro, DT 770 80ohm, AT-AD700 | Steam profile

Haven't heard a lot but I have heard good reviews on these as well. I just didn't know the cable was removable. I honestly want to know why a detachable cable is a #1 requirement for your headphones because that severely limits you. Sure it is a nice feature but that should not be top priority in my opinion.

I actually have really bad luck with connectors because my past two headphones I have had died because of the jack. So I want headphones that will last a while.

Quote me to get a reply!

I used to have these. Cable is not detachable cable if I recall correctly.

I actually have really bad luck with connectors because my past two headphones I have had died because of the jack. So I want headphones that will last a while.

Were they real headphones or just a headset? If headphones were they just a cheap brand? I've had my AD700 for about four years and they still work great. I even dropped them and ran over the cable with my chair numerous times.

If you like bass on your headphones then go for the XB-500, however I don't think that they have a removable cable.

The SRH440 are generally good, but if you are listening to dubstep the XB-500 are more pleasing.

Hope it helped!

CPU: AMD FX-6100 Black Edition @3.9GHz GPU: XFX 7970 DD (1062/1520 MHz) MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth 990FXA(1st Revision) RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB @ 1333MHz Storage: Corsair Force 3 120GB(Boot) + WD Green 1TB(storage) PSU: FSP AURUM 600W(80+ Gold) CPU Cooler: Cryorig M9a  Case: NZXT Tempst 410 Elite(Mid-Tower) Mouse: Logitech G602(Manufacturer Refurbished) Keyboard: Noppoo Choc Mini(Cherry MX Blue) AUDIO:Sennheiser HD 598+ASUS Xonar DGX Monitor: LG M2280DF 21.5" 1080p(TN-75Hz)

while it may make sense to have a detachable cable the connector to the headphone is also a weak point and will wear out in time. especially if you detach the headphone a lot and put off axis stresses on it.

that said I've stated in another thread that I've personally been eyeing numark redwaves and their colorful counterparts the reloop rhp 10 like any other bass emphasized headphone their mids are a bit muddy. and yes. detachable and can be had for as low as $50 shipped. 

I used to have these. Cable is not detachable cable if I recall correctly.

Were they real headphones or just a headset? If headphones were they just a cheap brand? I've had my AD700 for about four years and they still work great. I even dropped them and ran over the cable with my chair numerous times.

The first pair were Skullcandy and the second counterfeit Beats that I bought from Thailand.  So yeah a guess you can call them cheap. I Guess the XB500s would be good. But will the cable last for a long time?  And will they have good all around sound performance? I shall also game with them.

Edited by nsyedhasan

Quote me to get a reply!

oh yeah also forgot about the vmoda crossfades. they can be had on sale for under 100 bassy detachable cable. also built in an extremely durable manner with a very good lifetime replacement warranty

bassy cans like the xb the numark and the vmoda all sacrifice mids for the bass. except for the audio technica ath ws55. however the audio technica does not have a detachable cable and has a light weight build and not for a primary (only headphone use) 

The first pair were Skullcandy and the second counterfeit Beats that I bought from Thailand.  So yeah a guess you can call them cheap. I Guess the XB500s would be good. But will the cable last for a long time?  And will they have good all around sound performance? I shall also game with them.

No one can really guarantee the cable will last long. But as long as you buy real decent headphones like the XB500's and just handler with care you shouldn't have any problems.

oh yeah also forgot about the vmoda crossfades. they can be had on sale for under 100 bassy detachable cable. also built in an extremely durable manner with a very good lifetime replacement warranty

bassy cans like the xb the numark and the vmoda all sacrifice mids for the bass. except for the audio technica ath ws55. however the audio technica does not have a detachable cable and has a light weight build and not for a primary (only headphone use) 

I'll second the V-moda Crossfade LP if you want durability and bass.

I'll second the V-moda Crossfade LP if you want durability and bass.

I've heard good things of these but I never tried them.

Sony MDR V6, predecessor to one of the most successful studio monitors ever.

Muddied and cluttered bass response, no better than most branded headphones.

Sony MDR V6, predecessor to one of the most successful studio monitors ever.

I'm not really an audiophile. And do they have good bass compared to the XB500s?

Quote me to get a reply!

i have these http://www.amazon.ca/UrbanEars-Urbanears-Plattan-Headphones-Black/dp/B007ZRR1JY/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1374740617&sr=8-7&keywords=urbanears i just bought them for the sake of it a few months ago and i really like them sound isn't bad for the price plus your paying for the headphones and not some stupid logo 

My first pair of "real" headphones.

Muddied and cluttered bass response, no better than most branded headphones.

As opposed to non-branded OEM headphones? You are a funny guy.

Yes the bass is muddled, quite a bit when compared to my HD 650s, but not so much compared to my $20 "Extra Bass" earbuds. They are a good option for the price/category. The reason you don't hear about them is because the market they're aimed at is dominated by Beats and the like, not because they are a bad product.

i have these http://www.amazon.ca/UrbanEars-Urbanears-Plattan-Headphones-Black/dp/B007ZRR1JY/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1374740617&sr=8-7&keywords=urbanears i just bought them for the sake of it a few months ago and i really like them sound isn't bad for the price plus your paying for the headphones and not some stupid logo 

The XB500s are they about the same price. I think I like them more.

Quote me to get a reply!

I'm not really an audiophile. And do they have good bass compared to the XB500s?

The V6's are very very flat, great for anything and everything that you throw at them. 

The V6's are very very flat, great for anything and everything that you throw at them. 

Are the XB500s as good or about  as good? Because the XB500s are really good looking and comfortable.

Quote me to get a reply!

Are the XB500s as good or about  as good? Because the XB500s are really good looking and comfortable.

like any other bass emphasized headphone their mids are a bit muddy. 

bassy cans like the xb the numark and the vmoda all sacrifice mids for the bass. 

as you turn up the bass you lose the mids

edit: totally forgot the akg 240 has a detachable cable http://www.amazon.com/AKG-240-Semi-Open-Studio-Headphones/dp/B0001ARCFA