portable pc rig, is it possible?

curzman

Here's a link to my current build.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/q8NmLk

NOTES: At the time I didn't realise how important GPU's were and it will be one of my priorities in upgrading.

I also want to minimalise sound levels as a priority as well. + transportability/ sturdiness and size.

(Im a student so i move house every year)

So I've been thinking for a while now about making my PC smaller. My case seems huge for the amount of components I use/need and takes up way more space than I need/have in my student accommodation. 

I am looking through my options for a smaller/ more sturdy case that has some handles for transportability with low level acoustics if possible.

I mainly use my pc for gaming, photoshop, music and internet.

I want to know if there are any problems with going with a mini ATX or ITX mother board for the things I use my PC for?

Im not made of money so I doubt I'll be cramming in loads of RAM and GPU's. I'll stick with the ram I have and probably upgrade to 1 good GPU when I can. I might also swap out some fans for quieter ones or perhaps get a quieter cpu cooler, Im not particularly sure which fans make the most noise.

Id like suggestions for motherboards and cases and maybe other things I'm not aware of but should consider if trying to have a smaller and  quieter PC thats sturdy.

Any advise is really welcome. I build my PC myself but Im unfamiliar with m-ATX/ITX boards and can't figure out if It's a good idea to down size.

I won't be spending more than £100 on any given component unless it's really worth it. 

Please post in the correct subforum next time

As for advice, I would say you should wait for fury nano, but that could be too expensive.

Save up, get a 970 itx

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

As for advice, I would say you should wait for fury nano, but that could be too expensive.

Save up, get a 970 itx

Ahh the ninjas! :ph34r:

Save up, get a 970 itx

I'm fairly new around here, but I'm fairly certain that you should not post this in this subforum, but in this one:

http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/18-new-builds-and-planning/

Maybe a mod can move this topic for you? Then your topic will get more attention from the people who more frequently visits that subforum.

Thanks guys, do you know how I can contact a mod to get it moved?