Unreadable text when trying to secure erase

HEU7Hwhu7

Hello, i'm trying to Secure Erase my 840 EVO, (i sold it) But, when i try to go to the bootable CD it has unreadable text... :c

How can i fix this, thanks.

Hello, i'm trying to Secure Erase my 840 EVO, (i sold it) But, when i try to go to the bootable CD it has unreadable text... :c

How can i fix this, thanks.

Never ever sell a hard drive, no matter what you do to it.

Why I say this.... Most secure erases are based on an old American department of defence rewrite program, that rewrites any deleted sectors multiple times till it becomes almost impossible to resurrect the data.

However (and while this is applicable to platter drives it takes a special meaning with SSD's) It only rewrites valid sectors. Any failed sectors do not get rewritten, and it is possible to resurrect data from these if you have the necessary tools, and nohow.

Give your old drives to family, and friends sure. Never, ever sell your old drives to people you don't trust implicitly.

Never ever sell a hard drive, no matter what you do to it.

Why I say this.... Most secure erases are based on an old American department of defence rewrite program, that rewrites any deleted sectors multiple times till it becomes almost impossible to resurrect the data.

However (and while this is applicable to platter drives it takes a special meaning with SSD's) It only rewrites valid sectors. Any failed sectors do not get rewritten, and it is possible to resurrect data from these if you have the necessary tools, and nohow.

Give your old drives to family, and friends sure. Never, ever sell your old drives to people you don't trust implicitly.

I never did anything important on it, the most important thing i've ever done on it is, log in to my accounts... But, i change my passwords and use 2 step auth when ever possible, so i should be alright there... But the thing is, i've already sold it.

I never did anything important on it, the most important thing i've ever done on it is, log in to my accounts... But, i change my passwords and use 2 step auth when ever possible, so i should be alright there... But the thing is, i've already sold it.

in that case this may help.

http://helpdeskgeek.com/free-tools-review/5-free-programs-to-completely-wipe-a-hard-drive/

Please note none of these programs is infallible. There is no way to completely erase data off a drive. The best you can do is make it economically unfeasible to rewrite the data. Sort of like securing your car from theft.