Nexus 5 Simple Case to Remove Camera Bump

iamdarkyoshi

Just got a Nexus 5 and I love it, It goes well with my nexus 7. However, the camera sticking out is annoying. Does anyone know of a case that eliminates the protruding camera but retains the original look and feel?

Unfortunately from what i can remember the camera bump is quite "tall" so a case would have to be pretty thick to "remove" it so altering the look and feel of the phone

What about the bump do you not like?

"If in doubt, use a bigger hammer" Anonymous

http://www.spigen.com/products/nexus-5-case-neo-hybrid

I had that case when I had my Nexus 5, it eliminates that problem and it feels pretty nice, and offers great shock absorption.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

That does seem the best option if you are set on "removing" the bump

What do you mean? It makes the back of the phone completely flat and the camera bump is "removed".  Nevermind, dumbass me thought you said it doesn't help the bump. Woops.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Unfortunately from what i can remember the camera bump is quite "tall" 

nope.. about 0.5-0.7mm.. Really a small bump.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

The bump annoys me because the phone does not sit flat, and it gets scratched by the surface it is sitting on

Yeah, then a case is really your only option

nope.. about 0.5-0.7mm.. Really a small bump.

Its almost 8% of the total thickness of the phone

Its almost 8% of the total thickness of the phone

Yea.. but 8% of 9mm... Just measured it (with steel rule with .25 mm marking) and it's just under 0.5mm Tiny bump is tiny.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

Yea.. but 8% of 9mm... Just measured it (with steel rule with .25 mm marking) and it's just under 0.5mm Tiny bump is tiny.

tiny bump is infinitely thicker than my nexus 7. My previous phone was an htc thunderpoopie.

Used to run Spigen cases on my Nexus 5 when I still had it - highly recommend either the Ultra Fit or the Ultra Hybrid.

The Ultra Fit doesnt offer much protection but does alleviate the camera bump, in addition to being very tight (downside being removal over the buttons gets tricky). One thing to note is that just like the factory back, the Spigen case also has a soft-touch coating that doesn't appear to rub off.

http://www.spigen.com/products/nexus-5-case-ultra-fit

If you are looking for something not too thick, then go for the Ultra Hybrid. It does add additional thickness in all directions, but the air pocket bumpers do protect the sides of the phone (also causes it to bounce if it lands on an edge). The main face is also clear, so you can fit whatever graphics you so choose.

http://www.spigen.com/products/nexus-5-case-ultra-hybrid

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Hmm, I use a dbrand skins, and it sort of remove the bump. Although there is a tiny bump, but it isn't too serious or noticeable. It does sit flat on the table for me. :P