NZXT H440 Gaming 1st Time Build (£1000-1200 Budget)

Hi Everyone!

I'm posting to ask for some advice about selecting components for my 1st gaming PC, particularly with regard to the Motherboard & Power Supply. I would like an easily overclockable, quiet and stable gaming rig which is capable of maxing out newly released games at 1920 x 1080. I am doubtful that I would add any additional components in the future.

Proposed list of components

(I thought I've done a lot of research so hopefully they don't seem too ridiculous in terms of what I'm proposing!)

NZXT H440 Case (Black & Red) - Use the 4 included 'FN V2' fans' [3 x 120 mm  for Front & 1 x 140 mm for Rear)

Intel Core i5 i5-4690K CPU

NZXT X61 Kraken CPU Liquid Cooler - Use the 2 included 'FX140 V2' [2 x 140mm]

MSI NVIDIA GTX 970 Gaming Twin Frozr Graphics Card

Corsair CMY16GX3M2A1866C9R Vengeance Pro Series 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1866Mhz CL9

Samsung Evo 850 250GB SSD (For Operating System and select applications [Anti-Virus, Office etc.])

Western Digital 1TB Black (For Games)

Unsure On

ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Motherboard (Unlike Ranger it has 4 chassis fan connectors and was same price difference as NZXT Grid + Fan controller but with more features)

Not Decided on Powersupply

Let me know what you think and thanks in advance for the help!

Kind Regards

James Best

Looks quite good, but do you really need a 280mm cpu cooler, and any reputable powersupply will be ok, evga, corsair, etc. I would say about 500 watts.

great choice, look into enthoo line up of cases too. h440 is good for being quite silent and clean looks but a little bit lack of proper space inside and also air flow. still a 9/10 case tho but 9/10 case have plenty of choice too. 

psu take a 600 to 750w. A psu normally work the best at 50 to 70 % load. 100% load normally it will decrease in efficiency.

how about asus z97-a or pro gamer.

CPU:  i7 4770k @ overclocked to 4.4ghz             GPU: Intel HD4600                                                                SSD: Kingston V300 120GB (OS)                   Cooler:  Corsair H100i GTX
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolve (Black)                RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Dominator Platinium 2133mhz  HDD: 1TB Seagate                                            Mouse: Logitech G502
OS:     Windows 10                                                      PSU: Corsair RM850i 80+ Gold                                          Motherboard:  AsusZ97 Pro Gamer              Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r 3

Hi Everyone!

I'm posting to ask for some advice about selecting components for my 1st gaming PC, particularly with regard to the Motherboard & Power Supply. I would like an easily overclockable, quiet and stable gaming rig which is capable of maxing out newly released games at 1920 x 1080. I am doubtful that I would add any additional components in the future.

(I thought I've done a lot of research so hopefully they don't seem too ridiculous in terms of what I'm proposing!)

NZXT H440 Case (Black & Red) - Use the 4 included 'FN V2' fans' [3 x 120 mm  for Front & 1 x 140 mm for Rear)

Samsung Evo 850 250GB SSD (For Operating System and select applications [Anti-Virus, Office etc.])

Unsure On

ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Motherboard (Unlike Ranger it has 4 chassis fan connectors and was same price difference as NZXT Grid + Fan controller but with more features)

Kind Regards

James Best

i'd get a msi z97 gaming 5

PSU RM750 or AX760i

CPU - i5 4690K @ 4.5Ghz l CPU Cooler - Nepton 240m l GPU - MSI GTX970 gaming 4g 2-way SLI l SLI Bridge - MSI Gaming 2-way L Pro l Mobo - MSI Z97-G45 Gaming l RAM - 2x8GB Vengeance Pro 2133mhz DDR3 l PSU - Corsair HX750i l SSD - 2x Samsung 840 Evo 250GB in raid 0 | HDD - WD Black 2TB | Case - NZXT H440 Red/Black l OS - Windows 10 l Mouse Logitech G502 l MousePad - XTRFY NiP lightning l KeyBoard - Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB (Red) | Headset - Asus ROG Spitfire | Monitor - Asus PG279Q - VG248QE l PCPP - http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sxTpsY | Please don't buy CX PSU for a high end PC

i'd get a msi z97 gaming 5

PSU RM750 or AX760i

EVGA makes much better power supplies and thats a nice motherboard, EVGA Z97 FTW is sweet too.

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

Hi Everyone!

I'm posting to ask for some advice about selecting components for my 1st gaming PC, particularly with regard to the Motherboard & Power Supply. I would like an easily overclockable, quiet and stable gaming rig which is capable of maxing out newly released games at 1920 x 1080. I am doubtful that I would add any additional components in the future.

(I thought I've done a lot of research so hopefully they don't seem too ridiculous in terms of what I'm proposing!)

NZXT H440 Case (Black & Red) - Use the 4 included 'FN V2' fans' [3 x 120 mm for Front & 1 x 140 mm for Rear)

Unsure On

ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Motherboard (Unlike Ranger it has 4 chassis fan connectors and was same price difference as NZXT Grid + Fan controller but with more features)

Kind Regards

James Best

first I'd like to say nice build !. Second for the psu you can really get any psu from a reputable brand like evga, Corsair, cooler master etc.. personnel I use a evga 600b for my rig which uses the exact same core components just different brand mobo and gpu and stuff. It's a quite psu and so far it's been great for me and my friend who also has it. Second for the case, I hope you are aware of the air flow restrictions in the case, I personally have the case and love it but temps can get a little warm, the front intakes with the panel don't really exist, the front fans have so much restriction that you won't get any airflow past the hdd cages mostly due to the air coming through the fans and instantly going in all directions instead of let's say a wind tunnel path. So be aware of the major lack of airflow with stock fans.

also just want to let you know that the 970 is a good choice, I also own one but just wanted to let you know if your playing gta you won't be able to max it out 1080p if you want a constant 60 fps. You will have to play around with different settings. Most you can max out but some you have to turn off or turn down to get a constant 60 fps. Also your aio, for an i5 you don't really need that big of one. If you wanted to save money go for a 240mm like the coolermaster Nepton 240M or corsair h100i. Either way I hope your build turns out great and I hope you have fun building !

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread !