Front Panel SD card reader w/ USB ports

TheTrollSays

I built a desktop for my dad to replace his HP, but he misses having the front panel SD card reader and also said he wants more USB ports in the front. He bought a generic 3.5" one (I'm not sure the brand) and supposedly it was working, but now it's not reading SD cards and gives him that "this device can perform faster... USB 2.0..." message, even though it's hooked up to the 2.0 header on this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128514motherboard.

Does anyone know of any front panel card readers w/ USB ports that work and that aren't super janky? Every one I find seems to have terrible reviews. I've looked myself, but I wanted to know if anyone here had some hands-on experience with one that works and would continue to work with an acceptable lifespan.

Many thanks.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020