can i overclock 4k monitors?

GanonSlayer

is it possible to oc 4k monitors? or is it not possible ? thanks

Overclock monitors? No? What do you want to overclock?

Project Pluto
i3 4170 MSI H97 PC Mate MSI R9 380 2GD5T @ 1095MHz Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 2x4gb @ 1600MhzWD 1TB Blue • be quiet! Pure Rock • NZXT S340 Black XFX TS 550w • BenQ GW2265HM

Yes it is. Some of them. You can overclock refresh rates.

However it's not recommended.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Overclockable monitors are a thing, trust me. You can overclock the refresh rate on a monitor. However i've no idea if you can overclock a 4k panel, but it might work the same way it does on 1080P.

CPU: AMD FX 6300 4.6 GHZ 1.392vCore ||||| Cooler: Hyper 212 evo ||||| MOBO: Gigabyte 990XA UD3 REV 3.0 ||||| RAM: Kingston Hyperx Fury (Single channel) 1866 8GB CL10 ||||| GPU: Sapphire HD 7770 1GB ||||| PSU: CoolerMaster G550m 80+ Bronze ||||| SSD: Kingston SSDnow v300 ||||| HDDs: 2x 250gb 1x Wedstern Digital 320gb |||| Case: CoolerMaster Silencio 650 Black Pure Midnight

Yeah but i hope you know that it doesent work that easy it will skip frames:D

The Y.E.T.I. is in progress?Whaaat? (modding aproach&build log)->http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/355618-project-yeti-first-build/

[READ THE COC BEFORE POSTING][Check twice cut once][NZXT rules:D][Dremel is Love Dremel is Life][COOKIES ARE GREAT][LOGIC]

It depends on the monitor itself. First of all does the manufacturer allow you to overclock, and 2nd, does the panel actually overclock. Most monitors with multipul inputs cannot be overclocked, or at least very much, due to the controller board in the monitor not being able to be configured for a new refresh rate. I would say 'not overclockable' for a 4k, espically if its a 30htz monitor, since if they could go faster than 30htz they probably would.

DP and HDMI don't have enough bandwidth to support a higher refreshrate at 4k, so no. No chance, you're limited by your interface. 

It is possible, though with older connectors, it may not be able to push more from the PC. That also doesn't mean thee monitor will be able to be overclocked significantly; it may only go to something low like 63.

DP and HDMI don't have enough bandwidth to support a higher refreshrate at 4k, so no. No chance, you're limited by your interface.

DP 1.3 does for the future support 8k 60htz.

Python/C# Programming

Code to learn, don't learn to code. -Napalm

DP 1.3 does for the future support 8k 60htz.

And how many monitors and GPUs are out there that have DP 1.3 integrated? 

And how many monitors and GPUs are out there that have DP 1.3 integrated?

None yet :D

Python/C# Programming

Code to learn, don't learn to code. -Napalm

Depends on the monitor... Some may achieve better than other, but generally the higher res it is, the less luck people have.

You might get more hz, but it will likely skip frames (what mine does, even though it displays images till 85hz)

The connector might be an issue sometimes (like when I could not oc my 1080p ips panel more than 75hz because the hdmi version on it only supported 1080p @ 75hz), but display port should be able to handle it...

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd