Why is X99 so buggy.....?

Nope quad cores are the most games use for now the extra 2 or 4 cores if a octa or hex core would be useless in games, just get a 4690K and dual 290X's if you only play battlefield, because it's cheaper and would beat what you are currently planning.

Sorry I worded my question poorly. I meant to say gaming is not my priority. I only ever play BF4. My main goal is to render quickly. Regarding the 290x  I have, I really want to move away from it and into Nvidia, both my brothers have 970's and their system is very stable. Ever since I dropped the Quadro K600 ( I know its a small card), and moved in to R9 290x I began getting too many black screens and freez ups. I played around with drivers and bettered my situation, but I just want to go back to Nvidia. (no offense to anyone)

Welcome to the game, I just got my X99 at friday and can't get it to work either, going to RMA it on monday and hopefully get an answer shortly.

X99A SLI Plus, 5820k, Crucial DDR4 4x4GB 2133Mhz no heatsink.

CPU: i7 5820k @4.5Ghz | Mobo: MSI X99A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 Quad Channel | GPU: GTX 970 @ 1579 Mhz | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | OS: Windows 10

Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | PSU: Corsair TX750 | Display: Samsung SyncMaster 2233 & SyncMaster SA350 | Cooling: Cooler Master Seidon 120M

Keyboard: Razer Lycosa | Mouse: Steelseries Kana | Sound: Steelseries Siberia V2

So much GPU for so little CPU

The 5820k is little CPU for a 970? Really?  :rolleyes:

Welcome to the game, I just got my X99 at friday and can't get it to work either, going to RMA it on monday and hopefully get an answer shortly.

Ahhh man that was my first faulty board, please let us know how it goes. Like I said after three fails i just wanted to go back to z97. I just might.......

I'm not positive as to what you are referring to here.... If there really is no heatsink on your CPU then no shit it's not working. I'm hoping that you are trying to say that your RAM has no heat spreaders.

Isint x99 supposed to be the most stable shit cause it is screened so much. It is for prosumers right?

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

Isint x99 supposed to be the most stable shit cause it is screened so much. It is for prosumers right?

I honestly can't tell what some of these people are on about. X99 has been completely hassle free for me. I RMA-ed nothing. I even turned on my computer without a heatsink or CPU fan and it went into post just fine. Temps escalated to 80 degrees very rapidly, but it posted just fine and entered UEFI.

I honestly can't tell what some of these people are on about. X99 has been completely hassle free for me. I RMA-ed nothing. I even turned on my computer without a heatsink or CPU fan and it went into post just fine. Temps escalated to 80 degrees very rapidly, but it posted just fine and entered UEFI.

Thats awesome!! Unfortunately I'm on the other side of the spectrum, but I'm gonna try it again. It probably was my CPU and hopefully this time i'll get a good one. And initially what I stated regarding the X99 platform being buggy was based on the reviews the X99 motherboards have. Clearly all boards have bad reviews at one point or another. It just seemed to me that It was off to a rough start with at least 20% of each motherboard's review being 1 egg. I have nothing against it, as a matter of fact I want nothing more than to get an X99 build going for me. 

@Lays

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

Thats awesome!! Unfortunately I'm on the other side of the spectrum, but I'm gonna try it again. It probably was my CPU and hopefully this time i'll get a good one. And initially what I stated regarding the X99 platform being buggy was based on the reviews the X99 motherboards have. Clearly all boards have bad reviews at one point or another. It just seemed to me that It was off to a rough start with at least 20% of each motherboard's review being 1 egg. I have nothing against it, as a matter of fact I want nothing more than to get an X99 build going for me. 

Which motherboards did you get? Give us some links.

Sorry switched that around, I Fucked up.

That's alright  ^_^ I was like "there is nothing little about X99..."

I haven't ordered yet. Waiting for my RMA to get processed. I plan to get items listed below. 

Asus Rampage V Extreme/U3.1 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132505)

Intel i7 5820K (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117402)

G Skill Ripjaws 4 16Gb (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231797)

EVGA SuperNova 850 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438018)

Gigabyte 970 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125684)

I currently have an R9 290x Sapphire but don't plan to keep it. I want to do the switch to Nvidia, and I think I might got for 2 970's. 

Did you add an extra riser beneath the motherboard on accident? Extra risers will short your motherboard and the system will not even turn on.

I did this once, I felt like the world's biggest idiot when I took out the motherboard after 48 hours of troubleshooting, and it was a standoff too many  -_-

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I did this once, I felt like the world's biggest idiot when I took out the motherboard after 48 hours of troubleshooting, and it was a standoff too many -_-

You're in good company! I've done it multiple times. I even drove 100 miles because I thought it was the psu at one point lol. For the record I still own the psu and it works great. Stupid riser.

I'm not positive as to what you are referring to here.... If there really is no heatsink on your CPU then no shit it's not working. I'm hoping that you are trying to say that your RAM has no heat spreaders.

There is no heatsink on the rams.

CPU: i7 5820k @4.5Ghz | Mobo: MSI X99A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 Quad Channel | GPU: GTX 970 @ 1579 Mhz | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | OS: Windows 10

Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | PSU: Corsair TX750 | Display: Samsung SyncMaster 2233 & SyncMaster SA350 | Cooling: Cooler Master Seidon 120M

Keyboard: Razer Lycosa | Mouse: Steelseries Kana | Sound: Steelseries Siberia V2