IPS Monitor Photo Editing

Hello,

I would like to purchase an IPS monitor for photo editing and the occasion movie. I am an amateur photographer now, but plan on professional work in the next year. I would like it to be 27in, but I am not sure which resolution is best. I am assuming 1440p, but many of my movies are in 1080p, and I fear they will look worse on a 1440p monitor. Budget is 400 with wiggle room. Are there any pros with suggestions? Thanks!

Hello,

I would like to purchase an IPS monitor for photo editing and the occasion movie. I am an amateur photographer now, but plan on professional work in the next year. I would like it to be 27in, but I am not sure which resolution is best. I am assuming 1440p, but many of my movies are in 1080p, and I fear they will look worse on a 1440p monitor. Budget is 400 with wiggle room. Are there any pros with suggestions? Thanks!

http://www.amazon.com/BenQ-GW2765HT-27-Inch-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B00KYCSRSG

Sometimes it drops to $350 if you can wait for it.

Asus PB278Q is great for $30 more, although both the Acer and Benq are also excellent.  Do some research comparing them.

sold

Dell u2713H or u2413 for professional work I would buy at least one of those.

1080p movies will look fine on a 1440p monitor.

Budget for a color calibrator too. The Colormunki Display is a very good value.

Asus PB278Q is great for $30 more, although both the Acer and Benq are also excellent.  Do some research comparing them.

http://www.amazon.com/BenQ-GW2765HT-27-Inch-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B00KYCSRSG

Sometimes it drops to $350 if you can wait for it.

Thank you all for the suggestions. Before I posted here, the monitors I had in mind were the Benq GW and the Asus PB278Q. I wouldn't mind spending the extra 30 for the Asus, but from what I can tell it is a really old monitor. The PA 27in is out of my budget right now, perhaps in the future. I am not sure about the Dell's performance or the Acer's.