$70 Phanteks Evolv ITX or $130 Phanteks Evolv

Steve N. Mavronis

I know that the $130 mATX Phanteks Evolv is a better and premium aluminum body case, as compared to the $70 mITX steel w/plastic fascia Phanteks Evolv ITX case - but is the $60 price difference worth it?

My only gripe on the bigger case is the power/reset/headphone/speaker/USB located on the right side panel and the smaller left side panel window. If the mATX was simply a taller stretched version of the mITX case.

post-54803-0-89860900-1434153412.jpg

I know that the $130 mATX Phanteks Evolv is a better and premium aluminum body case, as compared to the $70 mITX steel w/plastic fascia Phanteks Evolv ITX case - but is the $60 price difference worth it?

attachicon.gifphanteks-enthoo-evolv-itx-black-steel- -plastic-window-mini-itx-tower-computer-case-ph-es215p-bk-2.jpg

If you're using an mATX board get the mATX evolve, if you're using an ITX board get the ITX evolve.  Addition cost is only because of extra materials needed to build a bigger case AFAIK.  

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

Matx deff.

The itx one has lots of plastic, the matx is nice aluminum

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I haven't bought a motherboard yet. But it would either be the ASUS Maximus VII Impact or Z97I-Plus (mITX) or the ASUS Maximus VII Gene (mATX). Either form factor is fine with me so I'm selecting the build case first as the determining criteria and it will be a single GPU system.

The only plastic (besides windows) on the Evolve ITX is the front fascia. The actual front panel is steel over plastic. The rear roof vents are plastic on both models.

Actually the $130 is reasonable for a thick aluminum body. There are some all plastic body cases like the Corsair 380T that cost just as much. I really like the overall design and layout of the Evolv ITX but the regular Evolv is $60 more.

I haven't bought a motherboard yet. But it would either be the ASUS Maximus VII Impact or Z97I-Plus (mITX) or the ASUS Maximus VII Gene (mATX). Either form factor is fine with me so I'm selecting the build case first as the determining criteria and it will be a single GPU system.

The only plastic (besides windows) on the Evolve ITX is the front fascia. The actual front panel is steel over plastic. The rear roof vents are plastic on both models.

Actually the $130 is reasonable for a thick aluminum body. There are some all plastic body cases like the Corsair 380T that cost just as much. I really like the overall design and layout of the Evolv ITX but the regular Evolv is $60 more.

Yeah my ft05 with that thick aluminum cost 200$

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Hey, how is this Phanteks case fan?

Phanteks PH-F140SP_BK 140mm Case Fan ($15)

If I get the Evolv ITX thinking of using this for the rear fan to complement the 200mm front fan it ships with. Is that enough or should I add one or two more for roof exhaust?

post-54803-0-09743800-1434424523.jpg

Hey, how is this Phanteks case fan?

Phanteks PH-F140SP_BK 140mm Case Fan ($15)

If I get the Evolv ITX thinking of using this for the rear fan to complement the 200mm front fan it ships with. Is that enough or should I add one or two more for roof exhaust?

attachicon.gifphanteks-PH-F140SP-3.jpg

Has really good review on newegg, 5/5.

Moves a decent amount of air and is really silent. I've been thinking about getting it myself, but as of right now my temperatures are decent enough with just the included 200mm fan, and a Noctua NF-F12 on a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo. When running games like GTAV my cpu ramps up to about 65 degrees, and gpu about 75-80. Not the greatest, but still in a safe range without it sounding like a jet taking off. ;)

It would definitely make a great addition to the case, especially since it matches the included one. :)

Moves a decent amount of air and is really silent. I've been thinking about getting it myself, but as of right now my temperatures are decent enough with just the included 200mm fan, and a Noctua NF-F12 on a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo. When running games like GTAV my cpu ramps up to about 65 degrees, and gpu about 75-80. Not the greatest, but still in a safe range without it sounding like a jet taking off. ;)

It would definitely make a great addition to the case, especially since it matches the included one. :)

Good I will try just the stock 200mm intake fan and add a rear Phanteks 140mm SP exhaust fan. For I7-4790K thinking of using the Noctua NH-U12S (better than an EVO 212) maybe with a second NF-F12 fan later on at the back to increase CPU cooling some extra if I ever add a slight overclock if it's even needed. The motherboard will either be the ASUS Z97I-Plus (would help match the Noctua) or Maximus VII Impact of I go totally ROG. Not doing liquid cooling don't feel like messing with it. An good air cooler should be enough for me. I'm just playing the waiting game for all the factory overclocked aftermarket cooler 980TI's w/backplate to be released to compare the prices.

Literally just got an Evolv ITX and it's quite nice.

i5 4670k - Z87X-UD3H - EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2 - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 8GB Avexir Core White 1600Mhz - Corsair 750D w/ RGB LED Mod & Remote Control - 2x SP120 - 3x Enermax Cluster - 2TB Seagate SSHD - Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750W 

Here is my current build plan for using the Phanteks Evolv ITX chassis. If I change up to the mATX version of the Evolv then factor in $60 more for that plus cost differences for the $217 for the ASUS Maximus VII Gene and a larger CPU cooler like the $90 Cryorig R1 Universal and a $120 EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 PSU. The build would be more like $2143 instead of $1987, not including the monitor, headset, speakers, etc.

• Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX Black Window Mini-ITX Tower Computer Case PH-ES215P_BK $70
  • ASUS Z97i-Plus Z97I-PLUS mITX Motherboard $153
  • Memory G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin SDRAM DDR3 2400 (PC3 19200) F3-2400C10D-16GTX $140
  • Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz LGA 1150 Desktop Processor BX80646I74790K $280
  • Noctua NH-U12S (w/NF-F12 PWM SSO2-Bearing CPU Cooler NH-U12S $68
  • Phanteks PH-F140SP_BK 140mm Case Fan PH-F140SP_BK $15
  • EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti Superclocked+ ACX 2.0+ (w/Backplate) 06G-P4-4995-KR $680
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2 80PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V/EPS12V 750W Power Supply ($35 Rebate) 220-G2-0750-XR $100
  • SAMSUNG 850 EVO MZ-75E250B/AM 2.5" 250GB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-75E250B/AM $98
  • Western Digital Blue 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive WD10EZEX $50
  • Pioneer USB 3.0 BD/DVD/CD Portable Burner BDR-XD05B $90
  • Corsair Gaming K70 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - Red LED - Cherry MX Red Switches CH-9000069-NA $110
  • Corsair Raptor M30 Gaming Mouse CH-9000042-NA $33
  • Existing Plantronics .Audio 355 Wired Headset 79730-21 n/a
  • Existing Logitech X-230 2.1 Black Speaker System - Satellite Stereo Speakers and Subwoofer X-230 n/a
  • Existing LG E2360V LED 23" D-Sub/DVI-D/HDMI Widescreen 1920x1080 LCD E2360V n/a
  • Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM 64 bit (Free upgrade to Windows 10) WN7-00615 $100

(Prices updated 6/15/2015) Totals: $1,987