Very strange micro stutter in GTA 5

Inchun

So I have a very strange problem with GTA 5. The game micro stutters every now and then. Strange thing is, if I turn off Vsync and then turn it back on, the micro stutters stop and the game runs perfectly. 

Anyone else have this problem? Any idea why this happens?

My system specs:
i5 4690k

EVGA GTX 970 SSC

G.SKILL 16 GB RAM

Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit

CPU = i5-4690k | Motherboard = MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM = G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB | GPU = EVGA GTX 980 TI

I get a weird stutter while playing too. I'm running a GTX 980 overclocked and G-sync though.

Looking at my graphs in afterburner the GPU usage and core Mhz drops out and kicks back in randomly. FPS goes from 70-80 and drops to 35 then right back up. Sometimes it's a lot, sometimes it doesn't happen for hours.

CPU i5-4690K(OC to 4.4Ghz) CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x41 Motherboard MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Memory G.Skillz Ripjaws X 16gb 2133 Video Card MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X           Case NZXT H440 Power Supply XFX XTR 750W Modular Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250gb/Seagate Barracuda 2TB Monitor Acer XB270HU G-Sync http://pcpartpicker.com/b/3CkTwP

Yes I am having the same issue.

Same here, it doesnt happen alot but it stuttered with my 760 and 290, I just toggle Vsync whenever it happens though

Blood-Box (Current) - 4790K @ 4.4GHz 1.175v | MSI Z97M GamingMSI R9 290 TF | 16GB ADATA XPG v1.0 CL9 | patiently waiting on the CoolerMaster MasterCase Pro 3 | Corsair RM650 | Noctua NH-U12S | OCZ Vertex 460 240GB SSD | Seagate 2TB HDD

Feishi (Gift to my bro) - 4770K @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte Z87 UD5H | Gigabyte GTX 760 WFx3 2.0 | 16GB Patriot Viper 3 CL9 | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Corsair AX750 | Noctua NH-C14 | Seagate 2TB HDD

I'm glad I'm not the only one here with this issue...

Just to add, I got my second (technically third, since EVGA is stupid with compatibility >.>) GTX 970. Got it SLI'd and ran GTA 5. Strangely, the game would drop below 60 fps very frequently. I've looked at the usage, and it showed that whenever the game ran perfectly smooth at 60 fps, they were both at 100% usage. However, when the frames dropped, I saw that both cards usage dropped to around 40%... Is this what's called a bottleneck??? Or am I just lacking in wattage?...

I have an i5 4690k (stock), and a 750W PSU. I figured they were more than good enough for 970 SLI, but then again I've been wrong on many occasions... Any ideas?

CPU = i5-4690k | Motherboard = MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM = G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB | GPU = EVGA GTX 980 TI

I'm glad I'm not the only one here with this issue...

Just to add, I got my second (technically third, since EVGA is stupid with compatibility >.>) GTX 970. Got it SLI'd and ran GTA 5. Strangely, the game would drop below 60 fps very frequently. I've looked at the usage, and it showed that whenever the game ran perfectly smooth at 60 fps, they were both at 100% usage. However, when the frames dropped, I saw that both cards usage dropped to around 40%... Is this what's called a bottleneck??? Or am I just lacking in wattage?...

I have an i5 4690k (stock), and a 750W PSU. I figured they were more than good enough for 970 SLI, but then again I've been wrong on many occasions... Any ideas?

Do you have Vsync on? If so the frames will drop to 30fps causing the stutter and low GPU usage because sli 970s can handle 30fps no problem.

Do you have Vsync on? If so the frames will drop to 30fps causing the stutter and low GPU usage because sli 970s can handle 30fps no problem.

Yes, I always have Vsync on. My frames never drop below 45 so I don't think that's it. 

Do you have Vsync on? If so the frames will drop to 30fps...

GTAV's vsync is tripple buffered so no hard fps drop.

I started noticing it after the Ill-Gotten Gains update.  What about everyone else?

My PC specifications are in my profile.

I started noticing it after the Ill-Gotten Gains update.  What about everyone else?

I've had the stutters since day one. lol

So on the SLI thing, I've looked at my graph of usage for both cards, and it seems that they prefer hanging around the 40% to 70% range. Strange... Especially since the Witcher 3 runs both my cards at 90% and up. Performance is amazing in that game with everything maxed. I figured GTA 5 was better optimized... That's just what I think anyway. I could be wrong and missing something here.

I noticed performance going down when i used self radio, without it the game runs fairly smooth again.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

I noticed stuttering too. Since the Ill gotten gains update. Before the update i had no stuttering and stable 60 fps. Now the gamr stutters from time to time and when it does frames drop as low as 40. My specs are gtx 770-4gb, i7-4771, 32gb hyperx 2133MHz, game is on SSD. I m running windows 8.1 fully updated

During gaming i am not experienciny any đthermal throttling not from cpu and neither gpu.

Specs: 

Spoiler

PC:CASE: FD Define r6 | CPU:Intel Core i7-8700k | MB: MSI z370 PC Pro RAM: 32GB Corsair vengance LPX 3000 GPU: Asus rx 6900xt Tuf STORAGE: nand 500GB Samsung 970Evo plus ; Game Storage: 2TB Samsung 860QVO Storage: 2 x WD Green 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | CPUCooler: Noctua NH-D15   DISPLAY: LG 27GL850

same here gtx 970 vsync on itl be 6-58-59-60-60-55-57-58-60 ..its really annoying. Starting to really hate pc gaming.

So I have a very strange problem with GTA 5. The game micro stutters every now and then. Strange thing is, if I turn off Vsync and then turn it back on, the micro stutters stop and the game runs perfectly.

Anyone else have this problem? Any idea why this happens?

My system specs:

i5 4690k

EVGA GTX 970 SSC

G.SKILL 16 GB RAM

Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit

Stutter is a must in this game lol.

2 things that i found out causing are

1. Grass

2. Indoor lighting

Those are the biggest problem