Questions about Gaming Mouse and Keyboard

djpabz23
Go to solution Solved by STRMfrmXMN,

Thoughts on the Logiteh G910 Orion Spark?

I personally hate that keyboard a lot and it is WAY overpriced. Get yourself a nice mechanical keyboard. Look at the link in my sig for info on these switches so we can get you something that you'll enjoy typing on more.

Well guys, after saving up money for quite sometimes, I managed to go from gaming on a laptop with a GeForce 650M to building my own beefy gaming desktop. The only parts I'm missing are the keyboard and mouse.

I was searching around eBay and Amazon and I came across the Corsair K95 RGB keyboard and it was like love at first sight! As weird as it sounds, I just love how it changed colors and how high people were rating it.  :D

So, I googled around trying to find information and I found that many people have been getting dead LED's. Does it happen most/all Corsair K95's or only a few unlucky people? I mean I know it's just backlighting, but with OCD, it sucks seeing at least 1 key not lighting up  :P.  

So, do you guys recommend buying the K95 or is there better choice? I want a full RGB that you can switch out the colors, but if they all have problems, I guess I can stick with a one colored keyboard.

Also, for the mouse I chose a Corsair M65, do you guys recommend this mouse or should I go for a different one? I want it to be RGB as well to go with the keyboard!

Yeah, OCD is a pain!  ^_^

With rgb you're taking a risk. Since each key is individually lit there is more room for error. BUT i think you should take that risk as it is not common for this to happen

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

Well guys, after saving up money for quite sometimes, I managed to go from gaming on a laptop with a GeForce 650M to building my own beefy gaming desktop. The only parts I'm missing are the keyboard and mouse.

I was searching around eBay and Amazon and I came across the Corsair K95 RGB keyboard and it was like love at first sight! As weird as it sounds, I just love how it changed colors and how high people were rating it.  :D

So, I googled around trying to find information and I found that many people have been getting dead LED's. Does it happen most/all Corsair K95's or only a few unlucky people? I mean I know it's just backlighting, but with OCD, it sucks seeing at least 1 key not lighting up  :P.  

So, do you guys recommend buying the K95 or is there better choice? I want a full RGB that you can switch out the colors, but if they all have problems, I guess I can stick with a one colored keyboard.

Also, for the mouse I chose a Corsair M65, do you guys recommend this mouse or should I go for a different one? I want it to be RGB as well to go with the keyboard!

Yeah, OCD is a pain!  ^_^

Better to use a Ducky Shine 4 which has multiple color options but isn't RGB than a K95 which has all the LED issues. And for the mouse, the M65 isn't terrible unless you're super competitive at something like CS:GO where having an optical sensor is important.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Better to use a Ducky Shine 4 which has multiple color options but isn't RGB than a K95 which has all the LED issues. And for the mouse, the M65 isn't terrible unless you're super competitive at something like CS:GO where having an optical sensor is important.

I'll most likely play competitively from time to time, not often. I just want a great mouse to be my daily driver which looks, feels, and handles great.

I'll most likely play competitively from time to time, not often. I just want a great mouse to be my daily driver which looks, feels, and handles great.

It's not a great FPS mouse TBH. The Corsair M45 is much better if you like that shape.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

It's not a great FPS mouse TBH. The Corsair M45 is much better if you like that shape.

I personally hate that keyboard a lot and it is WAY overpriced. Get yourself a nice mechanical keyboard. Look at the link in my sig for info on these switches so we can get you something that you'll enjoy typing on more.

i use the corsair m65 and love it

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

Will do, thank you so much!

i use the corsair m65 and love it

Are there things you don't like about it?

Will do, thank you so much!

Are there things you don't like about it?

hmmm not really. you can adjust the weight its a great shape. i guess the only problem i see is if you have small hands but otherwise its great 

hmmm not really. you can adjust the weight its a great shape. i guess the only problem i see is if you have small hands but otherwise its great 

Ah, I see. Thanks guys!