Backplate hot to the touch?

EvilWiffles

So I've been overclocking my Gigabyte GTX 970 and overclocking the VRAM. I had it at 1950MHz on VRAM and I touched the backplate and it was very hot to the touch, should this cause any worries and should I lay off the OC?

Mid-range Emulation Gaming and Video Rendering PC

[CPU] i7 4790k 4.7GHz & 1.233v Delidded w/ CLU & vice method [Cooling] Corsair H100i [Mobo] Asus Z97-A [GPU] MSI GTX 1070 SeaHawk X[RAM] G.Skill TridentX 2400 9-11-11-30 CR1 [PSU] Corsair 750M 

the point of a back plate is to keep the card strong and it helps with cooling the core and vrm a little bit. its normal for it to be hot.

CPU: I7 8700k @ 5ghz | Motherboard: Asus Z370-Prime | RAM: White Crucial balistix DDR4 2133mhz | GPU: GTX 1080TI | Storage: ssd HyperX 240gig, 2x2tb seagate Firecuda 1tb, BPX 480 gig nvme, 1tb sandisk ssd  | Cooling: Custom loop | PSU: Evga supernova 850w G2 | Case: Phanteks enthoo evolv atx black White modded | system theme: White/RGB/Weiss

Mine is not overclocked and pretty warm to the touch and its idle so don't worry

I see, it's a bit scary when I touched it. So does this backplate only cool the VRM?

Mid-range Emulation Gaming and Video Rendering PC

[CPU] i7 4790k 4.7GHz & 1.233v Delidded w/ CLU & vice method [Cooling] Corsair H100i [Mobo] Asus Z97-A [GPU] MSI GTX 1070 SeaHawk X[RAM] G.Skill TridentX 2400 9-11-11-30 CR1 [PSU] Corsair 750M 

I see, it's a bit scary when I touched it. So does this backplate only cool the VRM?

You're talking about parts that can reach 100c, or 212 fahrenheit, the boiling point of water.  Of course it is going to be hot.

You're talking about parts that can reach 100c, or 212 fahrenheit, the boiling point of water.  Of course it is going to be hot.

Especially since metal conducts heat well. As long as your GPU heat is still not that hot, I wouldn't worry